Where to find decent footwear in MN?

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, just wondering if anyone here knows of anyone that sells any premium boots such as Crispi, Kenetrek etc in MN? I'm up on the iron range and using their website it says no dealers, anywhere. I'd like to get a pair but $300+ is a tough pill to swallow without trying some on.
Thanks!

mahnster

FNG
Not exactly close to you but Scheels carries Crispi and Kenetrek. Usually a better selection of Crispi from what I remember.

OP
S

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Not exactly close to you but Scheels carries Crispi and Kenetrek. Usually a better selection of Crispi from what I remember.
I forgot about scheels. I used to get out to grand forks alot but they didn't carry crispi in store at all

I think they have a couple crispis and kenetrek in grand forks. Probably have more in fargo. Could call and ask or just order a few and take them back to the store. They customer service is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I think they have a couple crispis and kenetrek in grand forks. Probably have more in fargo. Could call and ask or just order a few and take them back to the store. They customer service is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I may have to wait till I get down to the twin cities next, as much as i hate going down there... No longer make it out to crookston so I don't have a reason to go to GF, and 4 hours is a bit far to go for scheels!

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had really good luck ordering from rei. They take returns even if worn so you can’t go wrong. I’m not sure if they carry crispi or kenetrek. They do carry some other quality brands I’ve tried such as scarpa and asolo.

D S 319

WKR
Scheels would return a pair of boots you wore all season, so you can try that route if you really wanted.

OP
S

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the recommendation fellas, seems like scheels is my best choice here. Luckily I've got long weekends now so I can swing down there easily but costly. Thanks!

03mossy

WKR
Just a recommendation but I bought the Crispi West River version a few years ago. I think it's a Scheel's exclusive model. Absolutely love them. More comfortable than any shoes or boots I've ever owned. Great ankle support and I have countless miles on them now both training and hunting and they still look great. Can't recommend them enough.

as others have stated scheels is a good bet. I ordered a pair of crispi summit GTX online a few years ago and wore on 2 elk hunts and they leaked like crazy. They took them back no charge and got them replaced with a pair of crispi valdres plus gtx

GONHNTN

FNG
I'm on the hunt for a pair of quality boots in MN too. So far I've been to
  • Scheels in Eden Prairie (had a few Crispis and Kenetreks, options were very limited due to their stock in size 12). I've heard great things about their customer service.
  • Cabela's in Rogers had Zamberlan's and I think some Kenetreks, but I already tried those on at Scheels so I didn't pay too close attention to them. I'm leaning towards buying the Zamberlan's Lynx Boa as they felt really good for my feet.
  • REI in Maple Grove but I was disappointed in the brands they carried. They had Keen, Solomon (I love my SpeedCross but I'm looking for a boot), and a few other brands.
  • I haven't been to Sportsman's Warehouse in Coon Rapids but they carry a decent amount of quality brands online.

dkell

FNG
Scheels in Fargo has a pretty good selection of Crispi and Kenetrek. I bought my Crispis there earlier this year. The selection has improved significantly from years past.