Where to Get Waxed Fish Boxes in Anchorage?

AKBorn

WKR
Does anyone still use the waxed boxes to ship meat and/or fish? If so, where in Anchorage are you getting them? Seems like Fred Meyer and Sportsman's Warehouse are selling a different box with an embedded liner these days, which seems slightly smaller to me. I prefer the wax boxes with the plastic/visqueen bag included. I saw some wax boxes at WalMart earlier this year, but the boxes I saw didn't have the plastic/visqueen insert...

Thanks,

Michael (AKBorn)

Give Alaska Butcher Supply in Mountain View a call. They have had them as recently as last fall. Very nice folks.

Htm84

WKR
Pretty sure I have one laying around if you want it. Doesn’t have the liner though. No help on where to buy them though.

OP
A

AKBorn

WKR
Give Alaska Butcher Supply in Mountain View a call. They have had them as recently as last fall. Very nice folks.
Thanks Schmaltz! I forgot all about this place, got a nice meat hook and some other things there many years back. Looks like they might have the boxes I like too...

OP
A

AKBorn

WKR
Pretty sure I have one laying around if you want it. Doesn’t have the liner though. No help on where to buy them though.
Thanks for the offer sir! If I can't find any with liners I may shoot you a message.