Where would you go out East?

Kinda surprised nobody has said NC coastal bears. Somebody hit one with car over 600# down east last year...I will say a cast and blast trip to the coast for ducks and redfish/trout in the surf is something I will do every year no matter where I live..its just too much fun, put in the draw for a Tundra Swan tag if your planning a trip, fun hunt too.

Bigger bears in north east jersey and north east pa too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt the carolinas and you can get 6 or so deer tags over the counter and hunt hogs year long. Nantahala, Pisgah and Sumpter national forest are all huge, but honestly I all but stopped hunting public due to pressure. Its incredibly difficult to get more than 2 miles from a road.

I got as far way as I could from a road to hunt bear in the NC mountains this past season and a lost bear dog scared the s***t out of me while taking a leak. Come to find out the hunter had lost 3 dogs that day which were roaming around the area. Needless to say I didn't see a single bear or deer in 3 days.

Bigger bears in north east jersey and north east pa too!

Yeah but it's oyster season during both bear seasons in NC...35-40 bucks a bushel right off the boat! Oyster roast with a bear ham maybe steam a mess of stone crab claws to go with. Give me a cold beer and I will eat till i run aground! Is it Dec yet?

Yeah but it's oyster season during both bear seasons in NC...35-40 bucks a bushel right off the boat! Oyster roast with a bear ham maybe steam a mess of stone crab claws to go with. Give me a cold beer and I will eat till i run aground! Is it Dec yet?

I’m ready!!

Santa

FNG
Sandhill Cranes in TX is an awesome hunt! I went for the first time last year and am already booked to go back. BIG birds, fun shooting, TASTY table fare. Combine it with a hog hunt and you'll pack a lot of meat on your trip home. I also know guys that like to combine that with some goose hunting, if that's your speed. It may not be considered a true "Eastern" hunt...but it's damn sure east of Boise.:cool: For Turkey hunters...chasing Osceolas in South FL is another pretty amazing experience.

Would have to be something not found in the west to travel east. Things like - iguanas, gators, Moose in the NE, but I'll never draw, Osceolas, The one exception would be Illinois Whitetail, since that's East of the Mississippi.

Well, any of you westerners that make it to FL, feel free to give me shout. I bow hunt and duck hunt like its a religion and used to fish flats and kingfish tournaments. There's a few hunts people dont know much about too. We have a Sambar deer draw hunt on an island refuge that is difficult but cool. Plus gators and osceolas. Goliath grouper are cool too.