Where would you move to out west if you could?

go_deep

WKR
I moved to Wyoming 8 years ago, I've never regret it. If I were in your shoes, I'd go to Alaska.

“Out West”? That’s a relative term. I wouldn’t move out west at all. Growing up and living in the East suits me just fine. Eastern az that is.
i lived in SE Az for 5 years, moved back to Utah to be back closer to family. I miss Eastern AZ every single day. Just a cool place to live

Might be looking to move east in the near future. CA moved the school reopening goalposts again and my kids need to be in a classroom more than 2 hours a day. Makes zero sense how kids are fine all day with no masks in TX but here no school will be able to open without minimum of 4 feet between every desk and masks at all times except heavy exercise when they must wear face shields. Tired of the BS.

DuckNDove

FNG
Might be looking to move east in the near future. CA moved the school reopening goalposts again and my kids need to be in a classroom more than 2 hours a day. Makes zero sense how kids are fine all day with no masks in TX but here no school will be able to open without minimum of 4 feet between every desk and masks at all times except heavy exercise when they must wear face shields. Tired of the BS.
Don't you realize King Newscum is only trying to protect us from our selves? Sad thing is up in Sonora people are turning in businesses not complying with the lock down. Must be too many bay area folk fixing things up there.

Don't you realize King Newscum is only trying to protect us from our selves? Sad thing is up in Sonora people are turning in businesses not complying with the lock down. Must be too many bay area folk fixing things up there.
Yes we are seeing that here too. The locals all cashed out and moved east, and the bay area folks cashed out and took their place. It's just frustrating because our district has been great about trying to keep the kids in person as much as possible, but if they go against this statewide edict they will have no funding. They were supposed to go back full day 2/1 now they say meeting the new regs is impossible (without massive classroom expansions).

I love living in northern CA (mountains, lakes, rivers, trees, tons of public land, national parks) but it's a shame what's happened even just since March 2020. I think this is the straw that broke the camel's back for us.

Right there with ya above two posters, also in El Dorado County. Although we were seriously talking about it before covid, this last year has really helped the wife get on board! 😂

I'm also in Cali, but the Bay Area(Sonoma County). We've got even tighter restrictions. Total distance learning for my kids since March 16th of last year. And it's 1 hour of Zoom on Mondays....3.5 Tuesday thru Friday. A total of 11.5 hrs/wk. Fortunately I was able to get them in a private school for the 2nd semester since they are open for in person. Had anyone asked me 3 weeks ago how my kids were doing with Zoom school, I'd said great. Both are very good students. However, 2 weeks into private school and they are way behind their classmates. This is a total disaster for these poor kids, and I believe most parents don't yet realize it(I was one of them). 40% of the high school kids are failing at least one class in our County. The City of Santa Rosa has reduced the # of credits required to graduate high school from 225 to 130. And their reasons......w/o a high school diploma kids are more likely to be substance abusers, live in poverty, unable to get a job etc. No shit? But not educating them will have longer lasting ramifications then just pushing them along.

WKR
Currently happy where I am in Colorado, but bought a quiet 80 acres with a half mile of river running through it in a flyover state. 20 minutes to a good town with healthcare and other necessities. Its at the end of a dead end county road and has power down one side. Taxes are $110 a year on it. Not another house within 2.5 miles of the place, just large farm land areas.

Big game hunting is limited to large whitetails but solid amounts of upland, waterfowl, and trapping. Figure I can travel as necessary for big game, though my interests are turning more toward upland anyway.

And there is a lake with walleye and crappie about 30 miles away.