Where's the kryptek love.

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
@Kryptec06 if Kryptec was the only camo tested how can we know if it is superior to the competitors?

Kryptek's pattern was tested against a large field of competing patterns, just none of the existing hunting patterns were part of the process (although one could argue that there were some based on similar principals as current camos). So, as Butch said, it was tested to be an effective pattern.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This thread was pointed out to me last week...So I decided to make an account and actually join the discussion versus "Lurking" in the shadows.

This is Butch Whiting...The CEO and Co-Founder of Kryptek Outdoor group. There are some good, constructive comments!

Kryptek has/is in the process of internalizing our Customer Service, as well as shifting to a new systems/site. and distributing product out of Boise Idaho. We have basically taken control of all major aspects of our business, and not relying on any 3rd Party activity.

@HunterEng your situation is a good example of why we have made the decisions we have and invested heavily in new systems and people. If your not satisfied with how your matter/situation has been handled, please send an email to [email protected], and we will get it taken care of right away!

@Justin_the_EDG ...Noted on product descriptions...It is our intent to rapidly and vastly improve this in the near future.

@rodney482 ... There is no "Kryptek" branded apparel/gear at Walmart!...There could be Kryptek camo on a hard-goods like a Buck Knife, Weatherby Rifle, or other branded product that is also sold at Cabela’s, Sportsmans, Bass Pro, ect...we have actually turned down requests to do various products Kryptek Branded there...Significant $$, and said HELL NO! If you ever find something that is actually Kryptek Branded and not a Licensee product, take a picture and send it to us...We will reward you with some swag or something!

@robby denning...Looks like it is about time for us to capitulate and get you guys some Altitude gear to Review and put to the test!

@Dos Perros ...That is fine that you don't like the shelf appeal of Kryptek...But I do want to point out that Kryptek is the ONLY camo in the outdoor/hunting industry that has been extensively tested by the U.S. Department of Defense (They spent around $10M doing so), and that is selectively used by U.S. and Coalition Special Operations....it is UBER Effective.

@Floorguy...I remember clearly you visiting my house and showing you gear..."Bring beer to see gear night!!". Glad you are still a Kryptek fan!...I do miss Alaska immensely (Mostly the resident over the counter sheep tags and fishing on the Gulkana!).

For you guys that have Kryptek and putting it to good use,, we appreciate it!...For you that haven't, we hope to win your business down the road....And regardless of what brand you wear, Good Luck this fall!
I love the 06 handle, called over the hooks for the 6 many times. I may have had a hand in you all getting eyes on this thread last week. Always better to hear it directly from customers and potential customers. You need your bird back to skip that Eagle road traffic getting in to the shop, not sure how you handle that nonsense on a regular basis!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

traviswdalton

Lil-Rokslider
The sizes excludes me from being a customer. I met one of the founders while on safari in Africa. He was dating the daughter of the owner. I don’t remember his name or what he looked like but I vividly remember his girlfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread was pointed out to me last week...So I decided to make an account and actually join the discussion versus "Lurking" in the shadows.

This is Butch Whiting...The CEO and Co-Founder of Kryptek Outdoor group. There are some good, constructive comments!

Kryptek has/is in the process of internalizing our Customer Service, as well as shifting to a new systems/site. and distributing product out of Boise Idaho. We have basically taken control of all major aspects of our business, and not relying on any 3rd Party activity.

@HunterEng your situation is a good example of why we have made the decisions we have and invested heavily in new systems and people. If your not satisfied with how your matter/situation has been handled, please send an email to [email protected], and we will get it taken care of right away!

@Justin_the_EDG ...Noted on product descriptions...It is our intent to rapidly and vastly improve this in the near future.

@rodney482 ... There is no "Kryptek" branded apparel/gear at Walmart!...There could be Kryptek camo on a hard-goods like a Buck Knife, Weatherby Rifle, or other branded product that is also sold at Cabela’s, Sportsmans, Bass Pro, ect...we have actually turned down requests to do various products Kryptek Branded there...Significant $$, and said HELL NO! If you ever find something that is actually Kryptek Branded and not a Licensee product, take a picture and send it to us...We will reward you with some swag or something!

@robby denning...Looks like it is about time for us to capitulate and get you guys some Altitude gear to Review and put to the test!

@Dos Perros ...That is fine that you don't like the shelf appeal of Kryptek...But I do want to point out that Kryptek is the ONLY camo in the outdoor/hunting industry that has been extensively tested by the U.S. Department of Defense (They spent around $10M doing so), and that is selectively used by U.S. and Coalition Special Operations....it is UBER Effective.

@Floorguy...I remember clearly you visiting my house and showing you gear..."Bring beer to see gear night!!". Glad you are still a Kryptek fan!...I do miss Alaska immensely (Mostly the resident over the counter sheep tags and fishing on the Gulkana!).

For you guys that have Kryptek and putting it to good use,, we appreciate it!...For you that haven't, we hope to win your business down the road....And regardless of what brand you wear, Good Luck this fall!
Butch,

Awesome of you to get in the dirt and defend your product.

That being said, I own a closet full of kryptek gear. Pants, gaiters, merino, vellus, ares down, gloves, beanies, caps, and a line of ladies stuff for the wife. The few sizing issues I have had with anything have been corrected pretty much immediately, and the costomer service has always been prompt. The gear is legit. I've had the alaios for like 4 years and dragged them through AZ desert, WI and VA brush, and PJ forests every year and they look great still. They stand behind their product. Can't afford the Altitude yet (still active duty) but will once I meander over to American Airlines haha.

All of their stuff is lightweight that I own, with the exception of the vellus, which is for tree stands(and for what I bought it for). Great layering systems. The new hoplite merino is super soft and the heavyweight merino shirt is one of my favorite pieces.

Only request I have is to put a hoodie on the midweight merino.

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to second the mid weight hoody, can we get it in a decent fit 3xl, with thumb holes and 1/4 zip?

Cat99899

FNG
This thread was pointed out to me last week..

Good to see someone representing Kryptek commenting. I'm a fan of the pattern and have slowly been transitioning into it from my old military gear. Looking forward to seeing you complete the transition as it's been noticeable on the site. ;) (for example, I've seen the Kryptek Altitude Bora Vest listed but when I click on it to few the product it's the good ole 404 error).

And if you ever need someone to review some gear let me know! 😁

welpro222

WKR
I have used Kryptek outer wear in combo with some first lite merino wool under layers. I wouldn't trade my Dalibor pants for nothing. Knee pad option, lots of pockets, tough as hell, some what water resistant, suspender option, the list goes on.

My only request is making Inferno orange an option for all upper layers. Please, Please, Please.

OP
LionHead

LionHead

WKR
Definitely a fan of the gear and pattern. After 4 years on the same Alaios pants it's found religion and now is getting a little holey in the seat.

If kryptek would make a 3xl Alaios and Dalibor (sz 44) pant once a year, I would buy em every time.

(Sending the positive vibes :) )
cbec683e46f2141769dd5fe82768dfef.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Nice to see the CEO answering questions directly. That is consistent with my experience - the company cares - and the reason my closet is full of Kryptek and pushing my Sitka to the back rack...now If only I can find more room in my closet to add some Altitude without her noticing...🤔

GregB

WKR
I have a set of Dalibor II pants for late season and they are awesome. i also had a Sherpa hoodie that was great but now I can't find it and they don't make them anymore.

Djc21

FNG
J
I have a set of Dalibor II pants for late season and they are awesome. i also had a Sherpa hoodie that was great but now I can't find it and they don't make them anymore.

I also own a Sherpa & I picked up the chronos last year also. How well do the dalibors perform in cold weather?

GregB

WKR
J

I also own a Sherpa & I picked up the chronos last year also. How well do the dalibors perform in cold weather?
Good, they have a fleece lining, I've used them into December. Legs get chilly if I'm stationary for a while, but a lot of that depends on how hot or cold you run.

So I'm a kryptek fanboy, I like the pattern and their clothing features have worked well for me. Hands down favorite pieces are the Alaois pants, Dalibor jacket, and the older wool/spandex longsleeve. Ive worn em on every outing for 4 years, pre-season and hunting.

I feel like kryptek doesn't see much attention on the threads these days. There still coming out with new gear and They've recently started offering 3xl tops. I assume It was demand driven, Lord knows I sent a few emails asking for it.

But I was just told via email they stopped offering pants above 40" waist, which sucks considering 42" Alaois were my entry into kryptek 4 years ago when I was still a lean competitive athlete. I can still make the 42" work because they're stretchy but I'll be honest I'm not in the shape I was back then and wish for a 44" early and mid season pant

Any way the point is Demand drives supply. They didnt used to make tops above 2x now they offer 3x. Please share some love if you like Kryptek gear and if your not a little dude ask em to offer extended sizes. I know I'll keep asking till I get em or get skinny gain I guess.

Anyway thanks for listening

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
So question for you sir. I'm looking at buying the Alaios pants. I was wondering if the material is quiet? I hunt north idaho and do a lot of archery. I value quiet fabric that won't make alot of noise going through the abunfance of huckleberry brush we have up here.
Thank you for your time

406unltd

WKR
Man I love kryptek. I moved to Sitka but I lived in my Alaios pant and cronos hoodies from bow season thru rifle here in MT. The old Alaios pants were the best in my opinion. I now use the mtn pant and timberlines but they have almost impossible shoes to fill. Only reason I switched was because I just think that Sitka has a more finely tuned, option rich, and complete systems, for all types of pursuits. With that said if they go out of business tomorrow I’ll just replace with Kryptek as needed cause I still love it.

Man I love kryptek. I moved to Sitka but I lived in my Alaios pant and cronos hoodies from bow season thru rifle here in MT. The old Alaios pants were the best in my opinion. I now use the mtn pant and timberlines but they have almost impossible shoes to fill. Only reason I switched was because I just think that Sitka has a more finely tuned, option rich, and complete systems, for all types of pursuits. With that said if they go out of business tomorrow I’ll just replace with Kryptek as needed cause I still love it.
Awesome thank you very much for the info. Looks like those are going in the cart. I appreciate it

406unltd

WKR
Awesome thank you very much for the info. Looks like those are going in the cart. I appreciate it
I want to be clear that the new Alaios pant are very different from the ones I have. I assume they are still great but I know the knee pad system and general area of the knee is completely different and I cannot vouch for it.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
When I started hunting again a couple of years ago I chose Kryptek because they are vet/LEO supporters and I like the pattern. Here’s the sum total of my experiences with the company.
Like earlier comments, the old product descriptions didn’t cut it, so I gave them a call. I think I spoke with Justin and told him where I live and what I hunt. He told me to get the Dalibor jacket and something to the effect of if I didn’t love it send it back no questions. It is my favorite and most versatile piece of gear. I like it so much I plan to get a sold color to wear to work.
My Krypton gloves did develop a hole after two seasons, but I don’t see this as a warranty issue. These are very thin and lightweight gloves I’ve worn 40 days or more. I plan to switch to the Tora glove which appears to still be light but a bit sturdier. I have the Cadog glomitts for cold weather and they have the great.
When the Altitude line came out, I loved it, but damn. That’s a mortgage payment for a rain coat and pants. I bought the ball cap during a Fathers Day sale and it’s the most comfortable cap I own. Guess I’ll skip some eating out to add some more pieces of Altitude.
Overall, I’m very happy with the products and the customer service.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t know about alois but the Dalibor, cadog and vellus are each very quiet. I like the, better for close spot and stalk hunts than my Sitka gear. It’s much quieter. If yo