Where’s the love for KUIU?

How's their tents? Are their socks worth a shot? I like the idea of added padding were it's needed

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
have the refuge and have taken it out for 3 nights. had hail, wind and rain. no problems- although small sample size it did fine.

I really like their socks. Breathe as well as others. If you get the calf sock the tops will slide down and sometimes the crew tops will slide a little, but I have never had any of the socks slip down from above my ankles down to the toes- just some slipping form the top of the sock.

Brianb3

WKR
I started with KUIU solely cause you can hem their pants. They don’t have clips cuff guards etc on the cuffs.

Since I’ve come to love the
Peloton 240 hoody
Zip off long underwear
Attacks n Tiburons.

I personally can’t keep up with the names n new items from KUIU let alone all the big three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I still run the very first one man tent they made. It has with stood the worst weather I have ever been in while on a backpacking trip.

I'm a big fan of a few of their items. Namely their Yukon gairers and their bino system. For the money I'm convinced the Yukon gaiters can't be beat. I've tried a few of their pants and shirts and have been unfortunately unimpressed. I tried their attack pants , which at the time were supposed to be their be-all end-all of pants. They had a few good features but the fit was odd in comparison to other brands and they fell way short in durability.... On another note , is it just me or have their prices gone up the last year or two?

Vernon

FNG
Like so many I have a comb of KUIU, and First Lite. I prefer KUIU's pants (attack) and the guide coat. I fun FL mainly in base layers and their wool tops

I bought a about a dozen pices of kuiu gear ... nice stuff but I personally think sitka gear is a tad better ... also if u had to sell ur gear undoubtedly the retail of sitka would be much higher than most of the other gear mention!!