Which 1 ton pickup

This is the thing that kills me when it comes to people recommending diesels... yes, in OPs circumstances(and people who haul a lot of weight frequently) you can't beat a diesel.

The maintenance(double+ the oil, fuel filters) is a killer on its own... in some places the fuel prices are a wash, so you might be able to recoup some funds there. The biggest killer is the emissions - absolutely great when you don't have any problems. I work on heavy duty diesels for a living, the component costs for the entire after treatment system will eat up any "savings" you're making on fuel prices very quickly. DOC, DPF and SCR are extremely expensive on their own. ISBs are famous for clogged EGR ports and sooty mixing chambers/grid heater - which are a cinch to clean if you're the DIY type, but for the guys who don't have any tools its just another bill(and downtime). EGR coolers go out somewhat frequently as well, again another expense. VGT actuators are yet another common failure.

Again, if you haul a lot of weight frequently, a diesel is a must and I wouldn't argue that. For the guys who pull their camper once or twice a year, you're not going to realize many benefits over running a gasser. In fact, it'll be cheaper to run a good gasser once you factor in maintenance and repairs over the lifetime of the truck.
You only have to change the oil every 15k miles. Mileage is soooo much better in a diesel. I am getting 21 combined and 23/24 on the highway in my 2020 cummins. In my 2018 Tundra I was lucky to get 15. My bro in law gets 12-14 in his 2018 GMC 2500 gasser. Extended warranties are cheap - my truck came with a lifetime powertrain warranty and I paid $1200 for a bumper to bumper 100k mile/7yr warranty.

You’re missing nothing, but you’re also driving a pre-2007 emissions truck.

Good luck with those numbers nowadays.

Actually I’m missing USB ports and a heated steering wheel. Man, a heated steering wheel sure does sound nice.

Good luck with those numbers nowadays? What do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk