Which 308 bullet?

ldmay375

FNG
I have not shot a deer in a very long time.

That certainly looks acceptable to me, particularly for a 40 yard impact. I assume, at least one rib was hit on the exit side.
In my opinion, bone pieces flying about can definitely influence the wound channel.
Looks good to me.

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like your bullet worked. Congrats on the deer. I have killed my share of white tail deer, and they aren't all that hard to kill if you put your bullet in the heart lung area.

Of the choices in the OP, I would go with the Nosler Partitions since they group well in your rifle. They are a great bullet that expands and penetrates well, but I have some rifles they just don't shoot well in, and they don't have a particularly high BC. For out past 300 you will want something else.

I shoot 168 gr. Barnes TTSX in my .308 Win rifles. They expand consistently, penetrate well, and shoot sub-MOA in every rifle I have tried. I hand load them with 41.3 grains of IMR 4895. I get about 2550 fps out of a 22" bbl. I like Federal 210 primers with them. Another advantage of these bullets is that they have almost exactly the same trajectory as the 168 gr. Sierra Match King out to 600 yards, and I like to practice with SMKs.