Which 6.5 PRC You Buying?

JGRaider

WKR
My 6.5 PRC rifle purchase fell through, so thought I'd ask those with experience. Assuming the price is practically the same, or in the ballpark.....considering the Tikka, Sauer Atacama, or Sako S20, which one are you buying? Not the least bit interested in Christensen anything. I have brass, powders, and dies already.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
Fitment not a problem with any of the 3 I mentioned. Definitely not interested in a Fierce or carbon barreled anything. Thanks.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
While I appreciate the responses, seriously, I'm not interested in anything other than those 3 in the OP. They are readily available to me, quickly, which is why I listed those 3 specifically.

B23

WKR
If you plan to shoot it as is out of the box with no intentions of ever customizing it except to maybe some day rebarrel it, the Sako S20 would be my choice but if you think there's a chance you'll want to customize it down the road with aftermarket parts then I'd get the Tikka.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
big range in prices there. the Sauer is probably the best 6.5 prc under a $1000

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
considering the Tikka, Sauer Atacama, or Sako S20, which one are you buying?

The S20 is the best setup from the factory. Functionally the Tikka/S20 are same/same. The Sauer is a very good rifle, however it has neither the chassis of the S20 or aftermarket support of the Tikka.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
I own/have owned several Tikkas since 1999 and haven't gotten a dud yet, so I know what I'm getting there. The Sako is ergonomically pleasing with the thumbhole stock, you get cerakote, and an aluminum bedding block system. I can get the S20 for less than $1200, and the Tikka for $925 to my door. While I'm sure the Sauer shoots great, it's an unknown to me. So....is the Sako worth the extra $$$ ?

If you plan to shoot it as is out of the box with no intentions of ever customizing it except to maybe some day rebarrel it, the Sako S20 would be my choice but if you think there's a chance you'll want to customize it down the road with aftermarket parts then I'd get the Tikka.
that's my opinion as well

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Sauer earlier this year and am liking it. The only thing for me is the LOP is a little on the long side.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04