Which adjustable head?

Ordered Swaro EL 12x50 and slik 733, now which head? I know I am going to get the outdoorsman adapter and stud, but which head should I go with? I am looking for something that is still not too end expensive since I used most of the budget getting the best glass possible.

Suggestions for something that is best bang for the buck and still weight conscious?

Also, what other piece do I need to mount the Binos to the head once the adapter is installed?

Thanks!

Superdoo

WKR
I like the VA-5 that came with my Siruiu. The mounting plate should come with whatever head you buy.

Rodéo

WKR
I had a manfrotto 700rc2 and it was a good head but it was heavy and bulky. I sold it and bought a promaster SPCH20 from camerland for the same price as the manfrotto and about half of what the VA5 costs. It's handled everything I've thrown at it from 42mm bino's to 85mm spotting scopes. It's a great head at the price and I have no complaints. Most people will recommend the VA5 but I haven't used one in the field only in the show room where it felt ok but not 2x better than the promaster.

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I have an older field optics research pan head. Good build quality and arca swiss. Now they make a lighter weight pan head, might be worth a look.

OP
T
Thanks for the replies. I’m fine with anything in the 200 dollar range or less. Just want whatever is best in that price range and still stays light

4ester

WKR
That VA-5 is unbeatable in that price range in my opinion. But if all your gonna run is 12x binos on it you could use the Benro to save a little weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
I'll be a broken record, VA-5. It's not perfect (my opinion) but for the price it's tough to beat. If you plan on adding heavier optics like a spotting scope it'll carry you forward into the future as well.

Used (and still have) a Manfrotto (391RC2) for 5 years. No issues with SLC 10s up to STX 95.

Moved over to Jim White this past year. I only switched for better interoperability between my hunting buddies' and my setup.

But this a personal preference thing. Some folks love pistol grips. Some folks love the ball heads.

I’m interested in trying one of these but which VA 5 are we talking about? I was looking at these and unless I’m mistaken, there are different VA 5 models?

BBob

WKR
I’m interested in trying one of these but which VA 5 are we talking about? I was looking at these and unless I’m mistaken, there are different VA 5 models?
No, one model.