Which AG Composite Stock?

I’m planning a 300 PRC build for Long range hunting. Will be practicing at 1000 yds.

I like AG composites and can get a good deal on the stocks (have a privateer and my son has the tikka Altitude)

Which stock model do you like for this application? What are the differences- hunter, Visigoth, chalk branch? I have never had an adjustable comb- are they worth the cost/weight penalty?

Just went through the same decision building a 300 prc. I was between ag composite alpine hunter or manners eh1. I went with a manners bc I found one for my action and didn’t have to wait. From my research those two are basically the same stock. Adjustable cheek is a nice addition if you want the weight penalty but I should be fine with my setup without one. I can add a pad if need be or there is a cheek piece that can be added to the eh1 if you need more height. Is pretty inexpensive and your smith can add it and it weighs less than having it built into the stock. Not sure what your build consists of but I’ll list out my parts and give you an idea of what weight mine is coming in at.
Defiance anti x action
Manners eh1 stock
Bartlein 26” 1:9 tw cf m24 contour
Ti pro 3 brake
Trigger tech Diamond pro
Hawkins hunter bottom metal with flush mag

With 3 rounds in mag gun weighs 7.9 pounds but that’s with a raw barrel that hasnt been chambered or cut to length or milled for a break. I’m guessing 7.5 pounds finished.

Hope that helps on some of your decision making. Not sure what weight you’re going for. I’m trying to keep mine around 9.5 finished with rings and glass.

Scope will probably be a nx8 4-32. Torn between that and the atacr 4-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
I had an Alpine hunter and thought it was a great stock. My only gripe was it was very slick - no texture as all. I believe they now offer this as an option when ordering. I recently sold it as I came across a Manners PRS1.

HuntnPack

WKR
I recently picked up an AG Alpine for a 300 Rum that was in a HS stock. The Alpine is very nice.
It came with the textured panels on the forearm & grip. I liked that option & am having it added to another stock I had on order.
Very well made stock, excellent fit & finish.
Comfortable stock to get behind.
Recoil is in a straight line rearward.
Highly recommend giving it a try.

2buffalo

Lil-Rokslider
Alpine hunter is an excellent stock for me. Also is textured on the gore grip and palm swell so its not slippery. I see no need for an adjustable cheek piece on it and I shoot a 52mm scope.

huntnful

WKR
If you’re right handed, call and order an IBEX. It’s a special order, they only make it in right handed. It is BADA$$. It’s superior to alpine hunter no question IMO.