Which AICS bottom metal and magazines for my T3x?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I recently purchased a Tikka t3x lite and I would like to go with the KRG Bravo. This will be a backcountry hunting rifle. How are the AICS mags working? Lots of people on here and elsewhere say they don't work well with the Tikka. Did you have to install bottom metal for it to work with the Bravo? If so which one? Thanks. I would have sent a DM, but don't have enough posts.

I don’t know what “lots of people” means, but there are no feeding issues with an AI mag and tikkas in a KRG chassis. The KRG Bravo doesn’t use “bottom metal”, it’s fit for either taking AICS or CTR mags.

I don’t know what “lots of people” means, but there are no feeding issues with an AI mag and tikkas in a KRG chassis. The KRG Bravo doesn’t use “bottom metal”, it’s fit for either taking AICS or CTR mags.
That helps. I was looking for someone with first hand experience before I pulled the trigger on the Bravo. As for the "lots of people" comment, if you search around on here and other forums I have seen a number of posts of people complaining about AICS mags not feeding well, but not necessarily with the Bravo. Thanks for the input.

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
I recently purchased a Tikka t3x lite and I would like to go with the KRG Bravo. This will be a backcountry hunting rifle. How are the AICS mags working? Lots of people on here and elsewhere say they don't work well with the Tikka. Did you have to install bottom metal for it to work with the Bravo? If so which one? Thanks. I would have sent a DM, but don't have enough posts.

I haven't found anything that feeds as well as the factory stock and factory magazine. By a long shot.

If you want to tinker, check and see how much play you have in the magazine well, front to back. On two of my Bravos that use metal AICS magazines from KRG, I have shortened the back of the polymer forearm piece to hold the magazines tighter. This has kept the magazines from tilting forward, keeping the cartridge more horizontal during loading, which has made things operate smoother.

are you referencing the MDT polymer? was looking at these or the hybrids. looking for 6.5 5 round
Mdt polymers are fine it’s magpul plastic aics that don’t jive with krg tikka combos. For my whiskey I modified one heavily to work but it’s still not 100% and I’d never trust it on a hunt or a match