Which Android Podcast App

I have use a bunch of them and I have yet to find one that doesn't have glitches. Himalaya was working better than any I've used but I've had issue after issue. The current issue is that it is somehow rewinding for a few seconds and you will hear statements repeated throughout a podcast. I have used Beyond Pod, Podbean and Castbox. All have had issues or limitations.

I'd be happy an app that automatically downloads podcasts, deletes podcasts after being played and play without hiccup. Does anyone have a podcast app they are using that currently works and they are happy with? I realize some of the ones I've tried in the past might be better now. I'm willing to use a paid version just so long as it actually works.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
I've been through this search too after dumping my iphone where I used Overcast (no Android version). I've tried a number of different apps similar to your list but have settled on Google's native podcast app. My podcast needs are pretty basic and it works well for me. What is simple and intuitive for one user might be complicated and cumbersome for another.

Brendan

WKR
Pocket Casts for Android works great.

* Works with Android Auto
* Not sure if it Auto-Downloads, does Auto-Delete (I download manually otherwise I'd fill up my phone with the number I subscribe to)
* Can create filters - I have one for all downloaded podcasts sorted by date so I can easily go oldest to newest
* I don't think I've ever had a bug of any sort - pretty anti climactic and just works...
* Very rarely do I find a new podcast that hasn't made it to Pocket Casts yet (e.g GU Unfltered / Gladiators Unleashed)

I like Stitcher, it will automatically download podcasts, delete podcasts after being played and has worked very well on my android.

Last edited:

Thoff1989

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using Stitcher for the last few years but my new phone (Pixel) has a Google App called Podcasts that I have started using. I liked Stitcher because I could use it on multiple devices and it would sync between them.

Pocket casts. I love that it syncs so I can pick up where I left off. I use the Google app for education/work stuff rather than using the filters though to keep the Pocket casts interface easier to use in the car.

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
Pocketcasts or Podcast Addict. Pocketcasts looks better, Podcast Addict has the most features but looks dated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk