Which Anker charger to get

Luked

WKR
I need to get a charger but unsure which to get. Items I will use it for is my cell phone(android) garmin Inreach.
Will be doing more of a spike in hunt and only spending 2-3days maybe 4 at most hunting then back to base camp to re-supply.
So was wondering if it would be better to get a smaller charger bank and just recharge when we get back in to base camp or get a bigger pack.
I know most phones and the inreach will not normally use a full charge in that time. But woth this being my first trip out I would like to be prepared just in case.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have 313 10K's - You can find them for less than $20. Take one with and have fully charged ones ready to go in the truck if I need them. One will last a long time with your phone on airplane mode and your gps only on when you need it (send in reach message). Also I think two 10Ks are lighter than one 20K, can't remember for sure though.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
For my trips up to a week out, I take a 10k mah sized pack. I think I'm using an older version of this one (Anker 10k).
That's lasted me plenty using mapping on my phone, and my InReach on occasion. If I was going to be out longer than a week, I'd jump up to one of their 20k mah packs.

svivian

WKR
I’ve used an anker 20mah for years, probably get a 28 now if I had to. Some of the new phones are 3-4K for a full charge.
I have been using this same one for years as well and love it. I recently though just picked up one of the dark energy poseidons to try as it is more rugged and i wont have to baby it as much.

mlgc20

WKR
I use the 10K battery pack from Nitecore. It can easily get me through 7 days of cell phone (using it for OnX, InReach messaging & pictures) and an InReach mini set for 1 hour tracking. If you're actually using your phone during that time for calls and texting like stuff. Then I would take a 20K.

The 10K is plenty for 4 days. I have a 20K that I use on 12-day hunts in Alaska and I can get three full recharges on my satellite phone and two full recharges on my Andriod phone off that 20K. I'd imagine that 10K would be plenty for just 4 days.

It of course depends on how much you use your phone. I personally will use about 40-60% of my phone’s battery for a full day of usage in airplane mode and lower mode. A 10k would be more than enough for 2-3 days. The inreach doesn’t use much battery, and I usually don’t leave mine on. Set a waypoint at the truck and waypoint when we stop for breaks but otherwise leave it off.

I use a 10,000 mah with success in your scenario. Good balance of capacity and weight. I have 2 so if I need to hit the truck and boogie I can.

This is the combo I use. My phone pretty much uses 100% for a day hunting as I'm typically on it a lot with OnX or whatever, probably could use a new phone but whatever. My headlamp is also rechargeable and that takes a good bit of power.
The Anker 20k block charges my headlamp and phone at night, whatever else (watch this year). Then I use the little panel to charge the Anker block during the day while I'm out hunting.

Block: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X5RV14Y/
Panel: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012YUJJM8/

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say a 10k will do fine for that, I have a 20k and for 4 days I even charged my rhino with it and had 50% battery in the pack, (maybe it was one light less?) along with charging phone inreach and garmin watch . I picked up a 10k for this year, will just have to watch usage a bit more.

Deputynrc

FNG
I’d say a 10k will do fine for that, I have a 20k and for 4 days I even charged my rhino with it and had 50% battery in the pack, (maybe it was one light less?) along with charging phone inreach and garmin watch . I picked up a 10k for this year, will just have to watch usage a bit more.
What cord do you use to charge the Rhino?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have two Anker 10,000 mah- usually get close to a week with one (cellphone gps, inReach Mini); also have an Anker 5200 which I'm comfortable with for 2-3 days

It 5200 is 4.2 oz, the 10k is 6.3 oz