Which B-stinger??

ST52v

WKR
I have a Hoyt Alpha burner and would like to get a B-stinger to putt on it. Hard to find in a shop so it's hard to try before I buy. Does anyone have any sugestions on length and weight before i order one.

Thanks Robin

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go to a local shop and try a few out with different lengths and weight. Then order b stinger accordingly. Try them and if you need to send them back and try another. For hunting I shoot their hunter extreme 10" long with 6 ounces, but I also shoot a side bar so that lightens my front weight up. I would guess 10 - 12 in length and 8 - 11 ounces would work well.

Lawnboi

WKR
No real way to know without trying it but ill tell you what i use and what i think

On my AM32 i run a 8.5in with a quick disconnect which brings it to about 10in total. My weight is the 8oz.
On my AM it balances out perfectly, not too heavy. My sight is light and sits close to the bow which makes a difference.

Now I also have a vector turbo. That same stab, w/ quick disconnect is too heavy on that bow. Im looking for a lighter one. Also on my VT i have a heavy adjustable site that sits quite a ways from the bow.

swat8888

WKR
I've been happy with my 8" w/ 8oz. 12oz was too much for me and 4 didn't stabilize enough for me. I experimented with a bother stab that was 10" and it was just too much. Keep in mind I mostly mountain hunt and I'm glad I have the shorter 8". Wish I could go shorter but it affects my groups more than I like at long distances. Just pick up some used ones on archery talk and see how you like them.

Robin,

Where are you at first of all? Second, like the guys said trying them is always a big plus, however, I understand what you said about them being hard to find in shops. Some just simply don't carry/sell them and that could be the case in your area. I would focus on the new sport hunter Xtremes from B Stinger personally. You have 3 lengths to pick from 6, 8, 10" all come with 3 1oz weights on them and you can buy additional weights depending on what you want/need for your setup. If you aren't sure on length I always say the 8" is a good way to go. I have personally hunted with as long as a 16" front stabilizer so even a 10" does bother me one bit but it does to some. I ran an 8" Prohunter w/ an 8 oz weight on my Alpha and that was a little over kill in my opinion. Its a heavy bow to begin with it doesn't NEED a whole lot. I would go an 8" Sport Hunter Xtreme and buy an additional 4 oz stack of matte black weights. That will allow you to go from 1-7 oz of front weight in 1 oz increments to find what works and holds best.

OP
S

ST52v

WKR
Thanks for the replys and the info. My brother just baught a used alpha burner so I think he will buy one before me. I'll pass this info to him so he can buy one and we'll both try it.