Which Bino harness and why....

Praxeus

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of choices out there....trying to decide which one.....

I have a Vortex 10X42

Meopta 12X 50

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
I have an AGC kiss pack. I like the full coverage, and the lack of magnets. Plus it doesn’t have an bunch of extra pockets. It is comfortable to wear as well. It would fit the 10’s but I don’t think it would fit the 12’s.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Still haven't found what I wanted, I'm using the solo hunter (horn hunter) pack. It came with everything I wanted, is slim for archery, keeps the weather off pretty good, but my 10x42 vortex fit tight and the magnets seem to affect my gps a little bit. But that's a trade off for quick, one-handed operation for opening and closing...nice for archery. Anything with a flap and clip is a pain. Also came with a rangefinder pouch which I liked. I don't like getting nickle and dimed for add ons when paying big bucks coughhuntingpackscough

i've used agc, fhf, and marsupial. i settled on the fhf. marsupial is awesome but i still like to use a compass for some navigation. don't need all the pockets and storage on the agc. fhf is also has a better size option for my 8x32s.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
Are you looking for a bino pack for each, or one that fits both? If it’s both I think you’re gonna have a hard time due to the differing sizes.

I’ve had the FHF, horn hunter, and AGC, AGC kodiak cub is my go to. Fits everything it needs to and nothing it doesn’t.

So MANY options out there. Below are the questions you need to answer for yourself.

1. Fully enclosed or not
2. Opens towards your neck or belly
3. Magnetic or not

Once you have answered those, then you can narrow it down. Everyone has their own personal preference. I like fully enclosed because of weather. I like it opening towards my belly out of convenience. I also like magnetic because it is quick and sometimes those few seconds can make the difference between a dead animal or not. Again my personal preference and I'm sure others like the opposite for different reasons and it works for them.

bpurtz

WKR
I've tried AGC, FHF - I decided on the Marsupial - I like the way the top lid opens away from your body and the ability to keep the lid in the open position without interfering with the removal or storing of the binos.

I think a Marsupial size large would fit both binos you have - the only difference in the size on the Marsupial is the length of the lid - the bottom portion that the optic sits in is the same on all sizes.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I've tried AGC, FHF - I decided on the Marsupial - I like the way the top lid opens away from your body and the ability to keep the lid in the open position without interfering with the removal or storing of the binos.

I think a Marsupial size large would fit both binos you have - the only difference in the size on the Marsupial is the length of the lid - the bottom portion that the optic sits in is the same on all sizes.
I have tried most all and also choose the Marsupial. A lid that opens up is a deal breaker. In good weather I want the bucket open so I can pull out the binos frequently and drop back in one handed. I think a medium would be what you need. I run a small with 8X32 EL's.

BluMtn

WKR
For hunting proposes I use the S4. It is utilitarian and I wear it under my coat because most of the time I have my coat zipped down. You can leave the bottom unlatched and slide your binos in and out with one hand. I don't like wearing a big pack on my chest. I started with a badlands which I still use as a case on my ATV/SxS for great protection, but way to bulky to wear hunting. But that is just my opinion as to what I think is a suitable option. If something better comes out that I think is better I am not opposed to change.

rm06

WKR
Like many, I've owned a few.

Around 2011 I bought an S4, it was my first non-neck strap harness, I wore it half a season. It really didn't offer anything over the neck strap and still made my neck sore as the suspension system didn't relieve the load off my neck/upper back.

Next I had a FHF which was a great harness and I used it for many seasons before my brother bartered me out of it. It is a more open design which allows more access for windblown dirt, snow or rain to enter. Also, the flap that opens upward can be a pain if you wear the harness high on your chest like I prefer to do, I felt like I was always moving my head around to open it up in order to not get slapped in the chin. Limited on storage for certain if that's important to you but I feel it has a great suspension system.

I used the AGC Cub Max for a season. It is a mini pack unto itself, I had it loaded with knives, headlamp, phone, windchecker, licenses, first aid supplies, etc. It got to the point of being ridiculously heavy for a bino harness, it offers far more storage than I need or want. The suspension system is good but if you load it down you're going to want to replace the buckles with auto-locking buckles from Kifaru as they can work themselves loose. The bino pouch does a good job of sealing out the elements.

Finally I now have an Outdoor Vision Ridgetop. I really like it as it opens forward and is fairly minimalistic. It does a good job of sealing out the elements and it has storage for exactly what I want to carry in my bino harness. I do wish the buckles were auto locking but it meets all my other needs. I do carry a compass but I keep it in my pack and the magnets don't otherwise bother me and they're quiet to boot, very little snap when they come in contact with one another.

Mike 338

WKR
I picked up a Kuiu on sale. Doesn't bounce. I like that. It's a bit of a rigamarole to attach your binos to it. It works.

Carlin59

WKR
Between myself and buddies, we have tried just about everything on the market and swapped notes. There isn't consensus among us on "the best", but for me the AGC CUB MAX is perfect. Yes, it is heavy and is essentially a full chest pack, but that is what i like about it. That is the basis of my pack/load out system as it carries GPS/inreach/phone/headlamp/tags/binos/rangefinder/multitool/batteries/windchecker/firestarter/duct tape/compass/a few basic pills/energy bar. Basically everything most guys pack in a "final approach" pack, with the exception of water. It's all gear i would carry anyway so its not extra weight, just distributed to my front and always available. Also have no problem opening the upward-opening flap one handed to grab my binos, and no problem putting them back one handed either. I like the full coverage of the flap. Usually leave it unbungied unless navigating difficult terrain.

Wirrex

FNG
I wanted something minimal with full coverage. Tried the agc kiss... great quality, I liked the harness but way too big! I ended up using an old vortex harness paired with a Rick young outdoors neoprene cover. It works ok for me but I’ve got my eyes open for something better.

I have tried an Eberlestock, Marsupial and AGC Kodiak Cub. Settled on the AGC. The Eberlestock was way too big. I really liked the Marsupial except for the fact that the open sides at the top allowed a lot of dirt and sticks to get in. The AGC keeps all debris out and is the perfect size for me. Does not interfere with the bowstring and no magnets to mess with GPS.

I used a horn hunter/solo hunter harness for a few years with the 8x42 and 10x42 Diamondbacks, loves that harness, very minimalist. But then I sold all that and bought a set of maven b2s and needed a larger harness. I ended up with a marsupial gear since the lid opens forward rather than back.

CCH

WKR
Put an HPG Bino Pouch on my Recon Kit Bag. Allows comfortable carry of binos plus handgun or other gear. The pouch is pretty simple compared to many. No magnets. just an elastic strap and retainer, and the flap folds back towards you -- I can see where folding out could be better, but simple is not all bad. Plan to get some retaining straps from Marsupial to attach the binos to the case. The harness is very comfortable. On the flip side, if you're never going to carry a handgun or other gear you might prefer something dedicated to only binos and a rangefinder.

I love my AGC Kodiak Cub. I was concerned about it being too bulky for archery but it doesn’t get in the way at all, and it’s very convenient to have my rangefinder, windicator, knife, tags, headlamp and fire-starter all on my chest. To me it’s a must if you are someone who ever drops their pack to finish a stalk. It’s nice knowing the essentials are still with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk