Which Bino harness and why....

Venom One

WKR
I always carry my phone in my front pocket of my pants, even with the AGC. I'm used to having it there all day everyday so it just makes sense to me that I carry it there in the woods as well. I know a few guys who put theirs in the hip belt pocket of their pack but I prefer to always have my phone with me even when I drop my pack.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've never felt comfortable using my front or rear pockets for my phone. I always feel like I'm going to break it.

twall13

WKR
I've never felt comfortable using my front or rear pockets for my phone. I always feel like I'm going to break it.
I've never had a phone break in my front pocket and that's where I carry it every day. My phones break when I drop them... I can see one breaking if you have it in your back pocket and sit on a rock or something but it's never been an issue for me in the front pocket. I should also mention that I just got a marsupial gear enclosed harness and it has a pocket on the back that could hold a phone. Personally I'll carry my tag there but I can see a phone going there as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Venom One

WKR
I ended up going with the FHF bino harness and range finder pouch in Fusion. I really like how slim the harness is. It's quality-made gear. I LOVE the little tabs on the front flap for sticking mouth reeds in - awesome idea! I really wish the back pocket was a little bigger and higher so I could slide my phone in there. The webbing is non-padded so it doesn't interfere with backpack straps and keeps the harness 'high and tight'. The material is quiet. The rangefinder pouch is just a pouch - nothing special, but I really appreciate that they mounted it low enough that it doesn't block access to the windicator pocket. The buckles are quality - they don't creek/squeak like a different brand I had.

Side note: On your binos, if you only attach one tether (not both), the binos will hang nicely down the side of the harness rather than sticking out in front of the harness. As a right handed person, attaching the right tether makes the binos hang on the right side of the harness for easy access while holding your bow.

Nitpicks:
* Lining material is soft which is great for noise, but it grabs on the rubberized coatings of my binos and rangefinder so you have to fiddle with it to get them seated and will probably wear out the material prematurely.

* Windicator bottle SUCKS to open/close in cold weather.

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few and liked the regular kuiu, and now the kuiu pro. To me the pro version is a keeper. The pro you can unhook the binos while wearing the harness, unlike the original. I like the fact that the kuiu top flips away from your body and stays open vs the others that flip back towards your chest. To my knowledge there is also a company or two that also flips open away too, I haven’t used them but I know ppl talk highly of them too.

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
The last 3 I have owned are:
1. Original KUIU- Lightweight and quick access but lacks pockets and no shoulder straps connected to the harness forced me to change.

2. Muley Freak- Good harness with full coverage, has good shoulder straps and pocketing. Although quiet, I thought the materials felt less premium and overall the harness seemed a bit bulky, The gun holder on the bottom didn't work too well with a full size auto. Still a decent harness though.

3. Original Marsupial- Built tough, low profile, quick access. Only con was not full coverage although it does just fine for me and I would trade a little coverage for quicker/quieter access any day. This harness so far is my favorite of the bunch and the one i still use.

I know both the Kuiu and Marsupial have newer options. The Kuiu Pro looks like it fixed many complaints I had about the original design and the Marsupial now has a full coverage model. I may try one of them in the future but for now I am thrilled with the original Marsupial and will continue to use it.

spitty19

FNG
very well said twall. It comes down to user preference. I’m a minimalist guy so I don’t carry anything more than wind indicator and elk calls in my harness... and my rangefinder of course. Not everyone is going to fit that mold. Evaluating a big agc from a minimalist standpoint it won’t perform well just as evaluating an Adak from a storage stand point doesn’t work well without the addition of accessory pockets. I had comments from people at the expo that wanted to fit larger bulkier items in the stretch pockets and I told them it wouldn’t work well for that. BUT it does work extremely well for what it was intended for... wind indicator and elk calls. The wrap around pocket design makes getting a diaphragm out of the pocket a whole lot easier than the tiny side pockets on other harnesses that you can’t fit your fingers in. On other harnesses my diaphragms would settle in the bottom of those tiny side mesh pockets and I couldnt fit my finger and thumb in deep enough to get them out. The wrap around pocket is wider and allows you to get your finger and thumb in there and quickly pull them out. The wind indicator and diaphragms quickly slide in and out of the pocket but will not come out accidentally.

The beauty of the modular system is being able to add volume to store things when you want to and take it off when you don’t.

I run just the bare harness in the hot summer scouting, generally run a radio attachment and the binos when shed hunting, and I’m really liking the option of carrying a bear spray/side arm attachment on the wing in bear country. The wing has good structure and is a very solid mounting point to effectively bare this weight.

I am a strong believer and advocate for the modularity that Kifaru has built into their system, and I wanted to bring that same effective modularity to the bino harness world.
Do you have any idea as to when you will be releasing that additional pouch?

STAGHOUND

FNG
My Dad also has a set of Meopta's I'm pretty shure there 12 X 50 he uses the Alaska guide creations pack its a pretty cool glass pack.