Which binos for tripod use

Sonoman

FNG
Been using a spotting scope for years but recently was hunting Colorado and looked through a guys binos mounted on a tripod. Liked the fact that I could keep both eyes open, seemed easier for me to look through for long periods of time. Wanted to know which pair of binos you folks use instead of a spotting scope. All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

What's your budget? Can't really give good recommendations without that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sonoman

FNG
These will be tripod use only. Got a pair of 8by32's that i use to find them and then if long range I will set up a tripod. As far as budget. We all know cheaper isn't better when it comes to glass. So I'm not limiting myself as far as cost.

OP
S

Sonoman

FNG
I figured those would come up. That is the glass I got to use in Colorado. Crisp and clear, easy focus, real nice pair. Just wanted to see if anyone else has some others in mind.

I'm a big Kowa Genesis fan. Spectacular optics that will punch with any of the Euro alphas at a much better price. I use a pair of 10.5X44 on the tripod and switch to a compact light weight spotter when conformation/clarification is needed. I also keep a pair of 8X33 in a harness for off hand glassing while on the move. This is what works for me. YMMV.

BWB

FNG
Another vote for the 15x56 SLC for tripod use. If you don't want to spend that coin on Swavs, you can look at the Vortex Razor UHD 18x. They are good glass for the money and worth looking through.

roughnecknine0

Lil-Rokslider
Meopta Meostar B1 Plus 15x56 if you want to save some money but if you're not limiting yourself then I'd say just go SLC

Q child

WKR
Any pair of binoculars will show you more when they are on a tripod, so don't forget to consider what your other needs are when making your choice. For example 15s excel on a tripod and are really only good for quick looks when using them handheld. 12s are great on a tripod and alright in the hand. 10s are good on a tripod and good in the hand. 8s are alright on a tripod and great in the hand.
For high magnification I have SLC 15s. They are excellent - one of my two favorite pairs of binoculars I've ever used. After reading many threads on this topic, it seems to me that the SLCs are thought of as the best 15s by the most number of people. There are some other nice ones out there though. The Zeiss Conquests are really good. I tried the SLCs against the Zeiss before I bought a few years ago. Never used the Razor UHDs, but have used plenty of Vortex's and they are always pretty good for the price. I've also never used the Mavens or the Meoptas but I trust the guys on here who like them.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Tract Optics recently introduced some 15x56's. I don't have any experience with that model but if they are on par with the rest of their binos they should be worth a look. They retail at $1044. You can try them out and return if you don't like. They were just offering $100 off a couple days ago. Maybe hit them up and see if they'll still offer that price.

Ive loved my maven b5 18x56 binos. But if budget isnt a thing and for only a lottle more i read the swaro 15’s are unbeatable. The HD ones arleast

OP
S

Sonoman

FNG
Thanks for all the suggestions. Will try to get my hands on some of them and see what fits the bill. The swarovskis were really nice. Trying to save alittle coin or will wait until a used set show up. Thanks guys

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
Call Camera Land. Their service is hands down the best service I’ve encountered. And always buy once and cry once. Get the best you can afford.

I run vortex diamondback 15x56 on tripod and love them.... used them next to my buddies Kaibab and I couldn't tell the difference