Which bino's

Wireman07

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to move up from the Viper 10x42's. Looking around the $1,000 range tops. It's between: Nikon HG, Leica trinovid, zeiss conquest, or meapta meopro air. Don't have anywhere to test these out at. Thanks!

MT_Fin

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t speak to the others, but I have the HG’s and really like them.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
Maven deserves a hard look. I have some 10x42 B1s I really like and the B2s are supposed to be great

WRM

WKR
Another vote for Meopta HDs. I have 15x56 and 8x42. Both great glass. Save some coin and your eyes likely won't notice any difference in that range.

WRM

WKR
Don't know anything about them. First I heard was on a couple of these posts. Is it crossed with an Ipad air?

WRM

WKR
I did look at them online. Not sure why the air, really. Maybe it drops a slight amount of weight. I'm sure the optics are great. If they don't charge some super premium for that line, sure, I guess.

ToolMann

WKR
I'm in your same boat. I'm going to repeat what has been said on other threads, you need to go try them out if you can. I've been stuck between the Monarch HG, Trinovid and Conquest HD. Finally went this morning to try them all out. The sales person was very willing to go outside with me so I could use them outdoors. My findings. Again, just my personal thoughts. These were all 10X42.

The Monarch HGs were my favorite. Fit me really well, super smooth focus knob, locking diopter, perfect eye relief. Just seems to mold to my face.

Trinovids were second. Felt really great, but the edges were not crisp, as in at all. Didn't mind the shorter eye relief/

I was really hoping to like the Conquest HD. Felt really solid, but just didn't fit me. Almost seemed like I couldn't get the eye cups out far enough to really feel comfortable viewing; had trouble getting a full view. Now I realize these are the "demo" set, but the focus wheel was anything but smooth.

Just glad I went and held and looked through them all. Now to find a good used pair or hope they go on sale somewhere. I hate paying full MSRP if I don't have to.

Looking to move up from the Viper 10x42's. Looking around the $1,000 range tops. It's between: Nikon HG, Leica trinovid, zeiss conquest, or meapta meopro air. Don't have anywhere to test these out at. Thanks!
Now is a perfect time as we just started our Store Wide 4th of July Sale Now through July 5th. Take a peek at the Kowa Genesis binoculars
I would suggest you take Doug's advice. The Kowa Genesis are spectacular optics.

They don't have anywhere to mount a bino stud though do they?

Slick in and out of a bino harness. There's also a cheaper polymer version.

Last edited: