Which boots?

muddydogs

WKR
So what do you guys think, Crispi Wyoming GTX or Kenetrek Hardscrabble hikers?

I have both setting in a shopping cart and might just get both to try.

I'm looking for a general hunting boot, don't backpack hunt but put the miles on in a day.

Picking boots is as personal as picking a wife, or even worse, a hunting partner. Everybody has different feet and what works well for one guy might not work at all for another. The best thing you can do is try on as many brands and styles as possible until you find the one that works best for you.

JDM270WSM

FNG
I tried the crispi wyomings and did'nt like em and then tried the crispi nevadas and love em. I've owned a number of
high end boots and with my feet the nevadas are the best I've ever hunted in but like the man said everybodies feet
are different and something else may fit you better. I also like hanwags.
Good luck finding the boots that work for you.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
Alright since there are so many reply's I thought I might try again. Both boots fit and feel about the same so I guess it might come down to which holds up better.

Anyone have experience with both these boots? One hold up better then the other?

Alright since there are so many reply's I thought I might try again. Both boots fit and feel about the same so I guess it might come down to which holds up better.

Anyone have experience with both these boots? One hold up better then the other?
Did you ever get any more feedback on these boots?

I can't speak to the Wyomings (though I crushed a pair of Summits last year) I just hammered on the Kenetrek Hardscrabbles for a review and had great luck with durability. Not quite 70 miles and 27k+ vertical feet of rough terrain and they look great minus a couple of pockmarks in the leather from rocks.

They have a great range of fits, so if as long as you're savvy with the shape of your foot, a Kenetrek SHOULDN'T be a bad boot for most folks... Unless you know you have issues.

Catahoula

WKR
I’m currently wearing Crispi Nevada now, just bought a pair of the Crossover Pro Lite GTX. The Crispi’s are very comfortable for my feet. I had the Kenetrek Hardscrabbles. Great boot but just not 100% for my feet. Ended up selling them.

All American Boy

Lil-Rokslider
It needs to be the one that fits your foot. Boots need some break in time, but in general, do not feel better with time. I'm an Asolo guy. Currently sporting the Asolo GTX Hunter Extreme. Usually on sale at Sierra Trading Post.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
I decided that the Crispi didn't fit as well as the Kenetrek boots, Crispi seemed wider. Were talking nit-picky differences.
Once I decided on the HS I wore them on a Sunday while working in the yard and rebuilding a shed floor and roof. For the first hour I wasn't sure I made the right decision. Got into the work, spent 5 hours on a ladder and at the end of the day when I sat down to admire my work I looked down and realized I had on the HS boots so I guess I picked well.
Due to a left foot problem I over pronate bad on this foot and after 8 or so hours in the HS I could already see it in the leather so the boots have spent the last 2 weeks at an Orthotic insole shop. Guy says he can build something that will fit the boot and help me out. We'll see, I pick the boots up Thursday.

JD1010

FNG
I decided that the Crispi didn't fit as well as the Kenetrek boots, Crispi seemed wider. Were talking nit-picky differences.
Once I decided on the HS I wore them on a Sunday while working in the yard and rebuilding a shed floor and roof. For the first hour I wasn't sure I made the right decision. Got into the work, spent 5 hours on a ladder and at the end of the day when I sat down to admire my work I looked down and realized I had on the HS boots so I guess I picked well.
Due to a left foot problem I over pronate bad on this foot and after 8 or so hours in the HS I could already see it in the leather so the boots have spent the last 2 weeks at an Orthotic insole shop. Guy says he can build something that will fit the boot and help me out. We'll see, I pick the boots up Thursday.
You should be happy with kenetreks, I loved mine. Just could wear them any more due to foot shape. Have huge bunions, tried to make them work. Put lots of miles on them. Held up well.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So what do you guys think, Crispi Wyoming GTX or Kenetrek Hardscrabble hikers?

I have both setting in a shopping cart and might just get both to try.

I'm looking for a general hunting boot, don't backpack hunt but put the miles on in a day.

It all depends on what fits best. Like the people said above " Its like picking a wife" hahaha. I personally run the Crispi's and the Salomon Guest 4D 3 GTX. Early season archery boots and 4th season 0 degree winter boots. I would recommend looking into having a couple pairs of boots. Being able to have options while hunting is a great thing.

I would try them on first or at least order from somewhere that lets you return. I really wanted to like Kennetrek hardscrabble's but I tried them on and they just didn't fit my foot. I also liked the Crispi's but they just weren't for me either. Ended up with Lowa's but I still had to play around with sizes