Which broadhead of the 2?

velvetfvr

WKR
I shoot a pse DNA at 70lbs 27" draw. 460 grain FMJ 300 spine cut at 26.5" with a 100 grain field point. Out of these 2 what would you recommend?

Slick trick 1 1/4" grizz trick 2
Or
QAD exodus

I like the looks of both of these but can't decide. I have decided to save the ulmers for a pronghorn hunt but any other game I want a fixed blade for.

Thanks!

Correct answer is always reapers....followed by whatever u decide on. :)

They all work if if u work, slicks have steep blade angles and 4 of them....equals less penetration than more laid back blade angles and three of them...ie; a reaper will out penetrate the tricks, if u have ke to spare so what...just things to consider. I shot montecs for long time and was happy with them on deer and really big deer, but they r brittle as some friends found out on larger than deer game, I shot a moose with the month cs and they did awesome and could easily live with those full time but I love the reapers now and no going back, possibly if I could get a month cs in 125 gr with bit more cut diam. Then I know what my #2 would be. For fixed 100gr heads hard to beat the montec cs. I know not what your looking for answer wise,I'm not a slick trick fan so I'd lean u the other way but no idea what the other head u mentioned is. Consider ke, blade angle and number of blades is my main point.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR

They all work if if u work, slicks have steep blade angles and 4 of them....equals less penetration than more laid back blade angles and three of them...ie; a reaper will out penetrate the tricks, if u have ke to spare so what...just things to consider. I shot montecs for long time and was happy with them on deer and really big deer, but they r brittle as some friends found out on larger than deer game, I shot a moose with the month cs and they did awesome and could easily live with those full time but I love the reapers now and no going back, possibly if I could get a month cs in 125 gr with bit more cut diam. Then I know what my #2 would be. For fixed 100gr heads hard to beat the montec cs. I know not what your looking for answer wise,I'm not a slick trick fan so I'd lean u the other way but no idea what the other head u mentioned is. Consider ke, blade angle and number of blades is my main point.

Yeah my KE is 81.1, mo is .575. The exodus have less of that blade angle and have the thickest blades. Looks like QAD I think thus far.

Both are outstanding choices. I shot Slick Tricks for years and loved them. However, I would definitely choose the Exodus. The two have the same cutting diameter, but the Grizz has an extra blade. Personally, I don't like having that extra blade--it will impede penetration and cause more wind drift or planing. The hole caused by the Exodus is plenty...and penetration will be deeper. On longer shots, the Exodus will be more accurate. Plus, the blades on the Exodus are thicker and hold their edge better.

I have taken 20 animals with the Exodus, both Swept and Full models, and also in the Deep Six format. I have even taken big bodied animals in Africa with them. They have always performed outstanding! I consider them to have the best balance of: Cut size, Blade Strength, Ferrule Strength, Penetration, and Flight of any head on the market.

SDHNTR

WKR

If you did not like the brittle nature of Montecs (I don't either), you need to try VPA's. Same great design, but constructed of fully machined steel, not cast like the Montecs. Incredibly strong, and super easy to sharpen, with a bit more diameter.

Sorry OP, no experience with the 2 broadheads you mentioned.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Both are outstanding choices. I shot Slick Tricks for years and loved them. However, I would definitely choose the Exodus. The two have the same cutting diameter, but the Grizz has an extra blade. Personally, I don't like having that extra blade--it will impede penetration and cause more wind drift or planing. The hole caused by the Exodus is plenty...and penetration will be deeper. On longer shots, the Exodus will be more accurate. Plus, the blades on the Exodus are thicker and hold their edge better.

I have taken 20 animals with the Exodus, both Swept and Full models, and also in the Deep Six format. I have even taken big bodied animals in Africa with them. They have always performed outstanding! I consider them to have the best balance of: Cut size, Blade Strength, Ferrule Strength, Penetration, and Flight of any head on the market.

This is what I liked. I think exodus will be in the quiver.

If you did not like the brittle nature of Montecs (I don't either), you need to try VPA's. Same great design, but constructed of fully machined steel, not cast like the Montecs. Incredibly strong, and super easy to sharpen, with a bit more diameter.

Sorry OP, no experience with the 2 broadheads you mentioned.

I will look up vpa but loved overall design of montec, length etc. I know there are longer options but for spinning true on a dozen shafts, running high speeds etc. The montec was a good blend...they did well at speed, very true and never an issue getting a dozen heads spinning perfect on dozen decent quality shafts, they just need to get away from cast and tough head to beat, hits so many criteria well, I'm still stuck on the reapers, I do watch more drop, plenty tough etc and just hit more of my criteria, until I see something I don't like, I suspect it could be a long time, never thought I'd be such a fan of a mechanical, the cheesy name made it so I never even looked at em for years, research led me to em and now a few seasons of kills totally love them