Which Buffalo Bore?

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Recently purchased a Glock 20 for bear protection and have been looking for Buffalo bore but noticed they have 3 different rounds.
  1. 190grain mono metal dangerous game
  2. 200grain FMJ
  3. 220grain "Outdoorsman".
I thought I would want the "Dangerous Game" at 1,200fps & 607ft-lbs or the Outdoorsman at 1200fps & 703ft-lbs.

Can someone talk some sense in to me and which would be best for bear protection? I will be in Grizz country and this will be secondary to my rifle + spray.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
If you want sense, just leave the pistol home when you are rifle hunting. Any rifle is 10x better than a 10mm pistol. Pistol is comforting when bow hunting.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I ordered these yesterday from Underwood. 700 ft. lbs. of energy.

My guess is they are already OOS.

Eddie

1622776259995.png

dtrkyman

WKR
Check out Hickox on youtube, I believe that is his name, he had some tumbling issues with the heavy loads from a stock barrel if I remember correctly.

OP
C

chukwithak

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Hickox on youtube, I believe that is his name, he had some tumbling issues with the heavy loads from a stock barrel if I remember correctly.
Appreciate that. Went the the Dangerous Game ammo until I get a different barrel.

sneaky

"DADDY"
A bolt action rifle doesn’t make me comfortable with wolves or a charging bear. Rather have to much than not enough.
If you can't hit any of those with a rifle, you sure won't hit them with a pistol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My stock G40 stabilizes the 200 gr hardcast really well, but doesn't do well with the longer 200 gr hollow points. 220s might not work.
That said, I don't feel under gunned with the 200s. Only shot one bear with them, but they were great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dla

WKR
What horrible advice on this forum!

Skip the barrel replacement - you don't need it. Buy the 200/220gr lead WFN. Get enough to run a magazine through your pistol as a function check.
Be happy!

By the way, if the person spreading FUD about tumbling had checked, the issue was with 230gr fodder. Everything from BB ran fine.