Which bullet would you pick? - Results from this morning's range session with bullet sample packs.

OP
Newtosavage
Kinda starting in the middle and working sideways. One bullet at a time. Work up pressure, find seating depth. Then onto the next one.

Every Barnes I’ve ever loaded was at its best loaded to the front of the first driving band towards the max powder charge. Work up.
you didn't bother to read from the beginning did you 16bore? Thanks anyway.

In the 3 rifles I load the 140's for, the AB's like a jump....

I can also attest to this with the 140's and 160's. They also shoot lights out in my 7 mag. with a big jump.

Id have to go measure, but I believe almost all mine are now .075 off the lands and shoot tiny groups just like BuzzH has shown.

For what its worth I m using Alliant Powders

Cheers

MHWASH

WKR
How’s the trigger? Have you thought about getting it reworked? I once ha dam 7 mag that would produce similar groups. Once I had the trigger lightened and smoothed, my groups shrank.

OP
Newtosavage
Enjoy yourself.
I intend to sweetheart. ;)

2nd batch of sample packs arrived today. We'll see if this gets me any closer. I'll be happy if any of these three produce good groups and I expect the SST's and Interbonds to shoot pretty close to the same. They have in the 139's for me out of other rifles.

I understand that this is not the approach that some people take. I also understand that some people are lazy and don't read everything the OP has said in a thread, so they miss what might have already been tried and offer advice that isn't really useful to the OP. I'm guilty of that at times myself.

I'll report back when I get some range time. However it's gotten so hot now that It might take 10 minutes for the barrel to sufficiently cool between shots. :(

IMG_3899.JPG

Last edited: