Which bullet?

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
I got a 25-06 for my deer rifle and I am wondering which bullet would you prefer, Barnes 100 grain TTSX or Nosler’s 110 grain Accubond. Both shoot sub 0.5 MOA in my rifle. This will be for a mule deer hunt in Nevada, and if I’m being honest with my abilities I’m super comfortable with 300 yards and in. I’m primarily an archery hunter so getting close is not much of an issue so I’ve never really been concerned with long rifle shots. What say you?

mlob1one

WKR
I've had exceptional success with accubonds in deer and elk in 140, 180, and 200 grains in my 7mm-08 and 300wm.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I got a 25-06 for my deer rifle and I am wondering which bullet would you prefer, Barnes 100 grain TTSX or Nosler’s 110 grain Accubond. Both shoot sub 0.5 MOA in my rifle. This will be for a mule deer hunt in Nevada, and if I’m being honest with my abilities I’m super comfortable with 300 yards and in. I’m primarily an archery hunter so getting close is not much of an issue so I’ve never really been concerned with long rifle shots. What say you?
Not on your list but I’ve shot a dozen plus antelope and mule deer with 117 gr SSTs out to 350. They crush the animals. My guess is you’d be solid with either of what you have. Someone here probably has better advise - there are a few quarter bore fans here.

gelton

WKR
Do you have any idea of the speeds you are getting from either load? Copper bullets love to be pushed fast and you will likely get a pass through.

If on the slower side the Nosler will expend all of its energy inside of the animal but a complete passthrough is less likely.

OP
R

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have any idea of the speeds you are getting from either load? Copper bullets love to be pushed fast and you will likely get a pass through.

If on the slower side the Nosler will expend all of its energy inside of the animal but a complete passthrough is less likely.

3268 for the TTSX and 3090 for the Nosler.

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
I can only speak for ttsx... I've witnesses incredible expansion on 5 elk I've shot inside 200 yards. I'll admit I shoot a 300 Rum... so a completely different animal but as far as the bullet goes, I'm sold at the ranges you're talking. I would be more nervous at "extreme" ranges since solid copper just won't open at slower speeds. With the speeds you're getting at that distance, I'd be all in on copper.

Dcrafton

WKR

I’ve had a 25-06 for many years now.
I can tell you and show you some recovered bullets. Bottom line the proof is in the pudding.
Barnes tipped and triple shock. 100 gr.
I’ve shot about 50 or so hogs, 2 bear, 4 pronghorn and in the range of 30 deer.
Only lost 1 deer and that was my fault (poor shot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mw01313

FNG
We have shot God knows how many whitetails and pigs with .25 caliber barnes over the years. Pretty much never failed to be a caliber sized entrance, big nasty exit, and a mess in between. Most of those were out of .250 Savage and .257 Roberts, so they did not have the velocity you are getting. NABs are good bullets, but in .25 I would want the tougher of the two.

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
The speeds you're getting at the distance you're shooting i would go copper all day
I’ve had a 25-06 for many years now.
I can tell you and show you some recovered bullets. Bottom line the proof is in the pudding.
Barnes tipped and triple shock. 100 gr.
I’ve shot about 50 or so hogs, 2 bear, 4 pronghorn and in the range of 30 deer.
Only lost 1 deer and that was my fault (poor shot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you know that the saying originally went "the proof of the pudding is in the eating", dating back to at least the 17th century? 🤯 right? Lol

Red Man

FNG
I shot a muley at 180 yds a couple years ago using the 110 accubond with my 257 weatherby. First shot was through the lungs and was fatal. Complete pass through with an exit hole about 3/4 of an inch. He ran at me and hit him again at 40 yds and bang flop. I would expect similar results with the 25-06. Hard to beat the accubond. Good luck with either choice.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
The 100 TTSX and the 25-06 are the perfect match. I’ve had great success with that combo keeping shots under 400.

OP
R

Ridley

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for everyone’s responses. After posting last night I decided to check my reloading stash and I’ve only got a few accubonds left and an unopened box of TTSX. Then I checked my loaded ammo and it’s about the same, 6 loaded accubonds and about 40 TTSX. Based on the majority of recommendations and what I have on hand I’m gonna run the TTSX.

Teaspoon

FNG
Have shot a few antelope and deer with my 25-06, handloads with Nosler 115 BT's. If you can find any.

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
Iv been loading 115 Bergers. Have had good results on animals, and ballistics. Shooting a 4 shot group I can cover with my wedding ring from my 1980’s Rem 700