Which cam...

wayoh22

WKR
Might be a stupid question but couldn't find a definite answer searching...

My DL is 29in and some cams for the same bow cover that DL. Example: #2 Cam is for 27-29in DL and #3 Cam is for 29-31DL.

Does it matter which cam then I use since both cams cover the same DL? Or is better to be at the top end?

Plan on using 80lb limbs if it makes a difference.

Wapack

FNG
While you fit in both. They will likely have very different feel. Usually with #3 cam feeling smoother. And #2 being more efficient but stiffer feeling since your at the top end of the cam. Shoot them both if you can. Speed and energy will not be a problem at your desired set up.

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
#3 cam it is then haha thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along but I believe you want to be at top end of cam, so would want to go with the 27-29, for the cam to be at its maximum efficiency. I could be wrong but seem to remember being told that at some point.

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along but I believe you want to be at top end of cam, so would want to go with the 27-29, for the cam to be at its maximum efficiency. I could be wrong but seem to remember being told that at some point.

I thought so too but I remembered that in regards to poundage. You want to be on the high end of the limbs.

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR

I thought so too but I remembered that in regards to poundage. You want to be on the high end of the limbs.

Wapack

FNG
The #2 cam for sure will be more efficient. How much so depends on the cam. If you have good deal lined up on a bow you like and shoot well. Don’t sweat it. At your specs with a sensible arrow setup your going to blow through everything.