Which cylinder stove ? ti goat or ed t's.

6t4nova

WKR
I picked up a ti-goat recently and really like it so far. The stove pipe is pretty loose fitting when inserted into the stove body. It smokes a bit at first until it gets drawing really good. After that, no problems. I believe the to-goat is easier to cook/boil on as it has solid connectors vs the ones Ed T uses. Haven't used one of his stoves though so I am not sure.

dotman

WKR
I have a ti-goat and haven't had any issues and am glad I picked it up. I think long term durability might be an issue over the box stove design. Nice thing about ti-goat is you can buy replacement material for anything you damage.

Tagging to follow along. I'm currently leaning towards the Ed T design due to it's modular capabilities but don't have any experience with either. Would also love to hear feedback on both.

Last edited:
OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I have gotten word that the ed t stove has flimsy legs and can be a pia to put together. Would like to hear from some ed t users. I would also like to get this fleshed out for all of us looking at the cylinder stoves.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I used an Ed T stove. I really liked it to be honest. It went together quick even for an unmechanical idiot like myself. I personally prefer a clyinder over a box stove for smaller shelters, but either one is using the snow peak plates and the overall idea between the Ed T and the TI goat appear very similar. Just comes down to who you want to buy from and the minor differences in the building process. Both stoves look/are great IMO.

But here is the Ed T stove I used this sping:
IMG_0054.jpg

IMGP0966.jpg

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
Luke , I am planning on using it in a BCS . I know you had one at one time and wondered if you used them together. If you did , what size do you recomend.

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
I do not see any weights listed od ed's website. Does anyone know what his 16" Model weighs in at with a 7 ft. pipe?

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv been thinking about a cylinder stove to save weight. My para runs a hair over 2lbs.

Anyone have the tigoat with a shorter pipe that can give me a real world weight?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I honestly can't remember which stove it was, I'll look at a few more pics I have of the setup and let ya know. Honestly, I don't own a BCS or Ed T stove anymore. I sold it as a package deal due to the fact that it filled a niche I didn't really have if that makes sense. I think a SL-5 with a stove jack will accomplish what I need for less weight and cheaper, by a bunch. I wanna say that was the 16" stove, but can't remember. Nice little setup, just didn't suit my needs like I wanted it to, but could be a great option for others, just not for me.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Not sure yet to be honest, it might end up being a Luke Moffat Frankenstien horrible looking stove that I hope holds together....or maybe just a TI goat, we'll see.

dotman

WKR
Iv been thinking about a cylinder stove to save weight. My para runs a hair over 2lbs.

Anyone have the tigoat with a shorter pipe that can give me a real world weight?

If I remember correctly my 12in ti-goat with 4.5ft pipe is 1lb 5oz.

Benny

FNG
I have an Ed T. I like it. I'm sure the legs would be flimsy if you kicked it but I think all stoves require a certain level of delicacy.

IMG_0994.jpg