Which Drop away?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You haven’t had any problems with it snagging on brush or tree bark?

If you have snagged your cable for a limb driven rest you have probably snagged your cables or strings with it. Snagging the cable is really IMO a non issue. The only questions I have is all the guys that are reccomending the hamskea on the VXR. I would perfer to use the hamskea in a heartbeat but for me it didnt work well on the VXR.

1) do you have a VXR with a hamskea on it or do you have another brand bow with a hamskea?
2) have you torqued tuned your bow? Did you have to move the rest in or out? sight in or out?
3) whats your DL?

Reactions: RAS
OP
briclark29
If you have snagged your cable for a limb driven rest you have probably snagged your cables or strings with it. Snagging the cable is really IMO a non issue. The only questions I have is all the guys that are reccomending the hamskea on the VXR. I would perfer to use the hamskea in a heartbeat but for me it didnt work well on the VXR.

1) do you have a VXR with a hamskea on it or do you have another brand bow with a hamskea?
2) have you torqued tuned your bow? Did you have to move the rest in or out? sight in or out?
3) whats your DL?
I ordered the VXR 28, suppose to come in tomorrow at my local bow shop. I already purchased the QAD Integrate MX. Was just wanting everyones opinion because I have heard Hamskea was the best. My draw length is 28.5

Does the Hamskea’s cradle stay up when you letdown? I hear a lot of favoritism regarding it, but I like that feature in the QAD HDX and MXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfbum

WKR
Another thing to think about, the hamskea models that I have seen (I heard a new one just came out) don’t line up with a Mathews riser so you can put the set screw and avoid it moving. People will tell you they have never seen one move, I personally had a hybrid hunter pro on a traverse that I couldn’t tighten enough for it not to pivot by pulling down on it. I want my stuff bomb proof and while I do agree the hamskea is, without a set screw it’s not........

Reactions: Zac
You haven’t had any problems with it snagging on brush or tree bark?
This is the first season I used it. Spent 5 days on a backpacking mule deer hunt and 15 or so whitetail hunts and no I never had it snag on anything. I was certainly worried about that but didn’t have it happen. My quiver covers most of it.

MAndrews

FNG
Hamskea. Based on my and my groups experience with QAD's they won't hold up to long term, heavy (target) use.

Fowlmood

FNG
I just ordered the VXR and need to know which drop away to go with? The QAD Integrate MX or a Hamskea?
I have been using the QAD cable driven rest for about 5 years. Yesterday I went and traded my Triax and dropped some dollars on the Mathews V3 31. after review after review I put on the Hamskea Trinity limb driven rest while was there I also had them put the same rest on my backup bow Mathews Creed. Will be 2 weeks before I can try them since they had to order parts and shoulder surgery. Getting excited.

Brizzle

FNG
Qad, I use an HDX on my indoor bow and an integrate on my hunting bow, zero problems. Especially easy to tune with the integrate. They come with the center shot set from the factory