Which Duplex frame?

jm1607

WKR
Probably beating a dead horse, but are you guys mainly running the "Lite" or "Ultralite"?

I don't mind only having 3 loops, I usually only run 2-3... On the flip side, I don't care about saving 2 oz either.

Is the "Lite" considerably more rigid?

• Banned
OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
Watching this, need to sell my old tactical(i think) for a lite or ultra lite.

I have the last model "ultralight" or whatever it was called with double arrow stays. Works great, but my gear list is finished and this is the last/only thing I have yet to upgrade so I may as well lol

I can not comment on the ultra lite. I do have the lite and it is very comfortable and rigid. I went with the lite because the frame sheet is twice as thick, extra loops and was not that much heavier. With the cost of the frames there probably arent many that have experience with both. I would certainly recommend the lite frame to anybody looking.

oldhorse

WKR
Like deerhunter628, I also chose the Lite frame. I wanted the extra attachment points, and the weight difference, in my opinion, was negligible. I have had it almost a year now. I have used it on a 5 day, 57 mile through hike of the Highline trail in AZ, several 1-3 night pack trips and hunts, and dozens of training hikes. The most weight I have carried is 75 pounds. I am thoroughly satisfied with it's performance. I will keep my tactical frame for backup/loaner/training duty. I will say that if you are a "meat shelf" person, the tactical frame offers more attachment options across the frame. If you are a "meat in the bag" person, it's probably not an issue. Just my $ .02

• Banned
OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
That's what I'm leaning towards.. I don't care about the attachment points really but I wouldn't mind it being slightly thicker

OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
Off topic, what do you think would be a good price to sell my current frame for?

After a lot of deliberation last year between the lite and ultralite, I went with the lite and have never questioned the choice. Hunted with it all Fall and it's an awesome frame.

Jimbob

WKR
I have the lite frame on order. I talked with Aaron and he recommended the lite over the ultralite instantly as soon as he heard my intended uses, I hunt solo and put some big loads on the frame. If it was a 4+ oz difference then I would struggle with the choice a lot more.

nroscoe13

FNG
I just got the Ultralight a few weeks ago and so far it's been great. I've hauling about 40-50LB sand bags around and it seems sturdy enough for me so far.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I also have a Duplex Lite. I can’t comment on the ultra lite, because I’ve never used one, but the I’ve really liked the lite so far!

worx53

WKR
I have both and really like the Ultra Light- its still bombproof and every ounce counts when your a flatlander at 10k elevation.

Just got the UL 24" composite, for mountain hunting which is my use it will be perfect. I am an ounce counter as I get older and lighter is better to me for my use. For purely packing the 1/8 Lite would probably be better obviously. Either way it is a damn good pack frame for the weight.

I have an UL, I got it with a pack used here on Rokslide so I didn't necessarily pick it over the Lite and it is the only pack I have had so my experience is rather limited.

Here's a pic of it with about 100lbs total I put in to see how it would feel. Aside from me needing to hit the gym, I didn't feel like the frame was weak

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
be23be0fa07a1afab656f5b9b9baabf3.jpg