Which duplex frame?

Ive decided to set my 20 year old kelty external frame aside for a while and try out a kifaru. Trying to decide between the tactical and hunter kifaru frame. Has anybody owned both? I'll be using it for moose and elk so the potential for hauling 100+ lb loads is there. Do I need the tactical for hauling the heavy loads of will the hunter do okay?

I guess what I need to know is, will the hunter frame be too uncomfortable with a heavy pack, and will the tactical frame be too uncomfortable with a lighter pack?

Just looking for some more info before I order the frame.

Last edited:

reaper

WKR
I got Tactical.
42280f855f6fc7b292c5978a5413fb40.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
I have not owned both but I do own a hunter frame currently. I keep going back and forth on getting a tactical...For me I have hauled the 100 loads but it is only every now and then. The majority of the time I use the pack I am in the 50 lb range for training or hiking in with camp on my back. Based on that and a conversation with Aron previously the hunter will handle all of that with no problem. It also allows you a little bit of flexing to move around and comfortably shoot with the pack on your back. Which I did last year hiking in the backcountry. If you are going to be routinely hauling 100# loads or awkward items then you may venture towards the tactical. Either way you won't go wrong and you will have an amazing pack, and down the road you will most likely be like most of us and wonder should I have gone with the other one...lol. The other thing to do is call and talk with Frank or Aron and tell them what you will be doing with it and get their thoughts.

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Arctic Hunter
Thanks for the links guys. There was a lot of good information there.

It's rare that I haul really heavy weight, but not as rare that I haul moderately heavy stuff that I can't put in the bag itself and have to strap it down to the frame.

I guess this means the tactical might be the better option.

OP
Arctic Hunter
I called kifaru and spoke with them regarding this. Great company with helpful staff. I decided to go with the tactical with carbon, as it seemed to fit my potential uses the best. Thanks for all the help.