Which Eddie Bauer puffy?

MOmanJ

FNG
Hi guys,

I've read by many that you need to have the puffy jacket. I don't know if that is the real down or synthetic. Is this the kind that we ought to have? I was in WY in mid-Nov and lucked out that it wasn't -20F. I want to be better prepared as I will keep going back for years, I'm hooked on elk hunting in the mountains.

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/10112351/jackets-for-men?color=Hunter&sp=1&size=
Thanks.

I would have put this in the Eddie Bauer thread, but it wouldn't let me as I have too few permissions.

Attachments

• 1575265065170.png
    1575265065170.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 107

Jardo

WKR
I have the cirruslite vest. It’s nice but it’s not a -20 vest and I’m sure the jacket and parka in cirruslite is not up for Wyoming in November.

You’ll need the evertherm or the peak series for -20 temps or a whole shitload of layers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
The temp rating they used is based on low to moderate activity with appropriate layers. You shouldn't expect that to keep you warm if you're not moving at those temperatures.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a cirruslite. I get cold easy and it works well for me down to about freezing with thin base layers. If it is colder than that, or I'm going to be sitting still for a long time I layer my puffy coats with my outdoor vitals synthetic under my eddie bauer cirruslite.

JMarbs

FNG
If you're going to be wearing the puffy while moving, i'd suggest the microtherm. If you're wearing it for sitting still, I'd try the evertherm, which is pretty warm, but also tight enough to use as a layering piece.

Beendare

WKR
I have the 800 fill versions for a few years now...in short and long with a hood. Great jacket that can be found for as much as 40% off or so pretty easily. IMO, It compares favorably to the other jackets that are as much as 2.5x the price.

I've had a couple of 650 fill down products and its definitely worth the extra $$ for the 800 fill...it just holds its loft better over time

I think the parka has velcro along the inside of the windflap and its a pain to get to the zipper.
I think the cirrus lite jacket would be better for hunting,
The microtherms are nice as well but the ahtletic fit limits layers under it

I had a coupon code and I was able to get the Evertherm Down Jacket and the CirrusLite down vest for $155.00 total. Ive never owned any EB down pieces, but I figured for the price, it was worth a try. Does anyone own/use either of these two? Any opinions?

I ran the Cirruslite hoody under my Uncompahgre in WY this year. Temperature ranged from - 13 to 25. We were always on the move. I was never cold. Flexible, well fitting jacket. Even though only 650 loft it works.

lkwoolsey

WKR
Hi guys,

I've read by many that you need to have the puffy jacket. I don't know if that is the real down or synthetic. Is this the kind that we ought to have? I was in WY in mid-Nov and lucked out that it wasn't -20F. I want to be better prepared as I will keep going back for years, I'm hooked on elk hunting in the mountains.

https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/10112351/jackets-for-men?color=Hunter&sp=1&size=
View attachment 136851
Thanks.

I would have put this in the Eddie Bauer thread, but it wouldn't let me as I have too few permissions.
I just bought the pullover version of that, super warm and packs down to nothing. I've been impressed so far (That said, I now live in AL, so I think the coldest it's been was while I was at work, I think it almost hit 30F....lol)

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Downlight hooded jacket and really like it. Great jacket for the money and EB seems to stand behind their products.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m a big fan of the downlight. If you’re going to be out in single digits let alone negative temperatures you’re entire body needs considering, not just your torso.