Which editing software

Pwells10

WKR
Hey guys,

So ive been using lightworks for the past 3 years to edit my hunts, curious as to a new program which is better quality and can use low fps? Ive got an action cam that has low fps recording that wont upload to lightworks.

I'm not opposed to buying any either.

Also has to be able to edit pics as well.

Thanks guys

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Adobe Lightroom + Premiere Pro is what I use. It can get expensive though... Lightroom for photos and Premiere Pro for video editing.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys,

So ive been using lightworks for the past 3 years to edit my hunts, curious as to a new program which is better quality and can use low fps? Ive got an action cam that has low fps recording that wont upload to lightworks.

I'm not opposed to buying any either.

Also has to be able to edit pics as well.

Thanks guys

x2 on Adobe Premiere Pro. Simple to use and figure out as a beginner and beefy enough to grow with you and your style. It will do anything you need it to. I'm a professional in video production and it's what I use, and what a ton of other pros use.

What are you meaning by low fps? Like 24?

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
x2 on Adobe Premiere Pro. Simple to use and figure out as a beginner and beefy enough to grow with you and your style. It will do anything you need it to. I'm a professional in video production and it's what I use, and what a ton of other pros use.

What are you meaning by low fps? Like 24?

Glad to hear that. Actually just watched one of your vids. Shot a good bull.

Looks like I'll be getting adobe then.

Yea, so lightworks wont let me upload anything under 29.97fps. My dslr and handyman have no problem with that. My action cam from ultimate predator sits at 24fps unfortunately. All my waterfowl and archery shots wont upload to it. Hoping adobe will be the way to get them to work

BIG_B.

FNG
Also use Adobe Lightroom here. Love the ability to sort through multiple images quickly culling the ones that aren’t as good as the next. They have a free trial if you want to play around with it before purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adobe Lightroom is the bomb. I use lightroom 99% of the time and photoshop 1% of the time. Cant recommend it enough

SixxxerCT

FNG
Lightroom for photos and Premiere video. You could also look at Adobe Rush if you want something simple like an iMovie editor.

Davinci Resolve because I prefer to own my programs and not rent them and I like to use the stuff that is easy to learn and has everything anyone could ask for.

Affinity Photo, because I prefer to own and not rent my programs and because I prefer all of my editing work flow to be all in one program and easy to use.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Davinci Resolve because I prefer to own my programs and not rent them and I like to use the stuff that is easy to learn and has everything anyone could ask for.

Affinity Photo, because I prefer to own and not rent my programs and because I prefer all of my editing work flow to be all in one program and easy to use.

The main reason to “rent” programs like Adobe, is to be able to update. If you purchase a program that you buy one time, it may not offer free updates. Just be sure to look at that before you make a purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtmiller

WKR

Thanks for the info AngryWelder. I have been using LR for 6 or 7 years, but Affinity looks very interesting. I watched a couple tutorials and it looks good. I need to research further. So far I have gotten by with my stand alone 6.14 LR, but if I am forced to go with CC I may look at other options. Thanks for sharing.

Gary58

FNG
I use Lightroom also but have recently bought the Pro Camera app to have more versatility when digiscoping with my phone.

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just getting into video editing and I'm using open shot. So far, it does more than I can. I'll probably eventually upgrade, but for now it seems to fit the bill