Which fletching jig

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you that fletch your own arrows. Just curious which jig setup you use. I’m tired of messing with our terrible local bow shop and looking to start just doing it on my own

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
Buy a Bitzenburger and you will never buy another jig for the rest of your life. Order it with a straight clamp and also pick up a helical clamp seperately

xcutter

WKR
I second the Bitzenberger. It's a great fletcher. If I was in the market for a different one I would check out the Last Chance Archery fletcher. It looks pretty sweet but pricey.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I second the Bitzenberger. It's a great fletcher. If I was in the market for a different one I would check out the Last Chance Archery fletcher. It looks pretty sweet but pricey.
+1
sam.jpg

RogerH

FNG
Just purchased the Bitzenberger 2 weeks ago and really like the set-up. Easy to use and gives you more options.
Used the Airzona EZ fletch mini the last 5 years and wish i would have just purchased the bitz.

dkime

WKR
I'm going to be different here and suggest a Bitzenburger, I don't think anyone has mentioned that yet.......

Zac

WKR
Bitz is okay, I run one as well but if I had to do it over again I'd go with the Vane Master Pro. After you buy all the different clamps and TM indexers your looking at about the same money.

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
Bitz is okay, I run one as well but if I had to do it over again I'd go with the Vane Master Pro. After you buy all the different clamps and TM indexers your looking at about the same money.
We certainly don't need any nock indexers anymore...unless you still used swedged shafts and glue on your nocks.

Read1t48

WKR
I really like the Vanemaster Pro. If you are just shooting 1 arrow for hunting and not changing often, it's probably not worth the cost. However, if you're in a situation where you might need several clamps with the Bitz (left and right helical) and you want your fletchings to be evenly spaced, you're not going to be that far off in cost from a Last Chance. Unless Bitz fixed it, I thought you had to buy an after market part to get the fletches evenly spaced around the arrow.

Reactions: Zac

Ucsdryder

WKR
Actually you do. Ever spent hours bare shafting then placed your perfectly indexed arrow into your Bitz?

It takes some time to get it exactly right and it’s annoying when you think you have it right and fletch an arrow and it’s 1/8 of a turn off.

Hoh Down

FNG
I've had several over the last few years. First was the JoJann 6 jig and I thought it was pretty lame honestly. Next was the Arizona EZ fletch mini-max. I like it due to the fact that it throws a ridiculous amount of helical. The only complaint I had with it was my control on the amount of glue I could apply to the vanes once they were seated in the jig. It also allowed some slop if you will while closing on my .166 arrows (probably a non issue with standard sized arrows). Most recently was the Bitz w/ the Zenith upgrade. I'm very fond of it. I may go vane master pro at some point, but only because I like to tinker and experiment with things.