Which Footbeds-

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would any of you use for more padding on the front of the foot. Pretty much the bony area behind my toes needs a little more padding. I like my Perfekt footbeds but would be willing to try something else in my sasslongs to help. Every boot I have ever owned I need a little better.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I run the Lathrop and Sons footbeds in my boots. To look at them you wouldn't think they would do anything for you, but under foot, they are very nice.

Lawnboi

WKR
Im really liking the superfeet oranges for having a little more cushion. My feet are very partial to superfeet green and oranges though. Just like boots, youv got to find what fits your foot the best.

The superfeet oranges will provide good arch support, a good heal cup to keep you heel locked in, and good padding (that dosnt compress after time) in the mid to front foot area.

I didnt care too much for the SOLE brand, but thats just my feet. Id have a hard time straying from superfeet's heel cup.

Another vote for orange Superfeet. I ran a 100 mile race last year using them. They provide great support in middle/back and cushioning up front.

OP
ScottR_EHJ

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How are the orange super feet on the balls of the feet? That is where I am looking for a bit more padding.

Purchased the Orange Superfeet Sat. night. Info sheet stated 1-2 hours and switch back to conventional insoles. I did not and feel fine. They fit in my sneakers as well so I wore them all day Sunday while staining my home. My feet actually did feel better this a.m. than they had in quite some time. How long are these suckers suppose to last before you need to purchase again? With only using them for hunting boots I would assume they would last as long as the boots.

My last preseason scouting trip with the green superfeet was a killer so I grabbed up a set of orange ones and headed off for a day hunt. Significant improvement over the green IMHO but I am still facing the cold reality that my Kenetreks (which I never loved) have now completely degraded into flat land boots. The ankle support is non existent after 4 years.

Purchased the Orange Superfeet Sat. night. Info sheet stated 1-2 hours and switch back to conventional insoles. I did not and feel fine. They fit in my sneakers as well so I wore them all day Sunday while staining my home. My feet actually did feel better this a.m. than they had in quite some time. How long are these suckers suppose to last before you need to purchase again? With only using them for hunting boots I would assume they would last as long as the boots.

SF should last approx 800 miles in a running shoe or a few years in your hunting boots. Inspect them every month or so for wear: pull them out, flip them upside down and inspect the underside of the plastic for white lines, stress areas and/or cracks. The orange cover on the upper should be intact and the underside should be void of white lines or marks, if that holds true, keep using'em!

Lawnboi

WKR
SF should last approx 800 miles in a running shoe or a few years in your hunting boots. Inspect them every month or so for wear: pull them out, flip them upside down and inspect the underside of the plastic for white lines, stress areas and/or cracks. The orange cover on the upper should be intact and the underside should be void of white lines or marks, if that holds true, keep using'em!

The oranges last quite some time. The foam dosnt compress like the green ones do.

Lawnboi

WKR
Anybody have experience with the orange vs. perfekt footbeds?

Ones made to support your arch and cup your heel. Ones just a footbed with cork in it that will form to your foot and compress.

Im not a big fan of the memory foam type footbeds. They all seem to compress.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I must be a bit less sensitive than most when it comes to footbeds apparently. After 5 days of our 8 day sheep hunt I got my boots wet over the top. Took the orange superfeet insoles out of my Lathrop & Sons Hanwag Alaskans (cause my L&S insoles hadn't arrived yet) and found a stock insole still in my right boot after I took out the orange superfeet. To my credit I did not have an extra insole in my left boot. :D

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Lathrop Synergy insoles in my Hanwags. I will be getting them in all of my boots.

sreekers,

I have experienced notably less foot pain wih the Lathrops. I heartily recommend you give them a try.

Been there! I went to do a 10 mile run and brought two right orange SF......wore one in the right shoe and my wife's berry SF that were two sizes too small in my left. Crazy part, my feet felt fine.

bowinhand

WKR
Why do companies even bother putting insoles in the boots? Don't they know I'm just going to replace them with Lathrop High Country Synergy insoles. The Synergy truly are "Foot Beds".

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord