Which gaiter

I’ve used Kenetreks and the Kuiu Yukon gaiters. I much prefer the Kuiu gaiters. Not knocking anything Kenetrek because I love their boots and socks, but in my particular situation, one of the snaps ripped out of the Kenetrek gaiter. The Kuiu Yukon gaiters seem to be a bit more form fitting as well, and a little easier to tighten down above your calf.

Venom One

WKR
Between my wife, adult kids and myself, we own probably 10 sets of gaiters, Kuiu, Kenetrek, and Outdoor Vision. I should sell the Kenetrek and Outdoor Vision, because the only ones any of us wear are the Kuiu. Been using them for 4+ years and have never had a pair wear out, although a couple of pair are starting to show their age and may have to be replaced soon.

It's posts like this that have convinced me that Kuiu is the way to go.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
when hunting season was over, I managed to get a ton of snowshoeing and backcountry skiing in as well

definitely digging the Yukon’s :)

UTcDjcR.jpg

I have Sitka and Kuiu...while I have never had issues with either my Sitka's get loaned out to friends while I wear the Kuiu.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider
I got the Kenetrek winter camo on sale $39.95 and look forward to using them as its a first time using gaiters for me. Thinking the need to keep snow out of boots, etc.

Hoping to try a pair of the ones T&K released prototype pictures of. They look like they should be very durable

Yooper

WKR
Been using OR Crocs for the last few years but both of them broke this year. The clip at the top that hold compression on the calf strap is plastic and both of them broke. With no way to secure at the top I ended up tossing them and going without. I'll be looking at another brand for my next go around.

RO1459

FNG
You said you will be hunting third season; you will most likely see snow, so gaiters are a must. I use Kennetreks and have for several years. There are many really good gaiters out there, the important part is having a pair of them from some maker. This is one product I would not look at price on. Buy one you like and fits, and never look back.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I’m gonna throw the FL Brambler into the mix...

I used a pair of Kennetrek gaiters for a long time until the snap failed and the stirrup blew out. The gaiters performed very well (I really liked the simple design) but I didn’t love the fit. I frequently found myself having to cinch down the calf strap which got old.

I gave the FL Brambler a try this season. It is an awesome product. Super durable and easy to adjust. The outside of the gaiter is a soft brushed DWR type finish and on the inset of the leg there is a tougher more abrasion resistant finish (like the ORs). I really like the sleeker fit and the fact that you can easily stow all the straps. It feels like the FL design team combined all the best features of the above mentioned products and made a pretty bombproof gaiter. Very thoughtful design, I would definitely buy another pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom One

WKR
Been using OR Crocs for the last few years but both of them broke this year. The clip at the top that hold compression on the calf strap is plastic and both of them broke. With no way to secure at the top I ended up tossing them and going without. I'll be looking at another brand for my next go around.

I have the OR Rocky Mountains and the top cinch buckle is metal. My only complaint is that they are quite loud for bow hunting.