Which gaiter

1jonmon

Lil-Rokslider
Currently don’t own a pair and never used the gaiters. Colorado 3rd season hunt planned and thinking about picking up a pair. What do you guys use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdoor Research is nice. Sitka Thunderhead is quieter. The Sitka goes on sale every once in awhile on Camofire.

I use the OR Rocky Mountain high gaiter. Works great for me, lighter weight than a lot of others, fairly quiet, and stay nice a snug. A lot of others I've used get loose and fall down my calf. But, I have a love/hate with gaiters. They keep me dry and warmer though.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Theyre not the quietest of all, But i personally have had good luck with my kenetrek Gaitors. Theyve held up well and kept me dry. Ive only had them ome season so i cant speak on longevity but im happy with the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
Outdoor Research makes tough ones. I have a pair of Kenetrek and they seem as a similar build to OR, but hunting camo.

I bought some Kuiu this year for archery. Lighter, quieter, good build quality. I will see how long they last.

Between my wife, adult kids and myself, we own probably 10 sets of gaiters, Kuiu, Kenetrek, and Outdoor Vision. I should sell the Kenetrek and Outdoor Vision, because the only ones any of us wear are the Kuiu. Been using them for 4+ years and have never had a pair wear out, although a couple of pair are starting to show their age and may have to be replaced soon.

CMF

WKR
First year using gaiters.. got the Kuiu Katana's and they seem nice, they were comfortable and worked well, but I don't have anything to compare to.

I run the Kennetreks which have been very functional but seem loud for archery hunting. I'm curious if others like other brands more for quietness.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kennetreks and the Kuiu. The Kuiu seem a little quieter to me so I use them most of the time especially for archery. I used them a lot this September and didn't notice any noise.

OP

1jonmon

Lil-Rokslider
No one has said anything about first lite gaiters? Thanks for the responses.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoor Research makes tough ones. I have a pair of Kenetrek and they seem as a similar build to OR, but hunting camo.

I bought some Kuiu this year for archery. Lighter, quieter, good build quality. I will see how long they last.

This is my set up, too. Kuiu for general quiet hunting, OR for extreme conditions like lion hunting.

Backyard

WKR
I've got Kennetreks and I don't think they make any sound that I can notice. Not sure what everyone is talking about. Unless you guys mean when you're taking em off.
But I only use em elk hunting, and I'm not that concerned about a little noise if they did make some any way I guess.

Tenstrike

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Kennetreks, I don't think they are loud, the only thing I don't like about them is they pick up every weed seed they touch, takes time to pick them all out.

Trial153

WKR
I used the newest version of the sitka stormfront last week bowhunting in NL, doesnt get much wetter or harder on gaiters then tuckamore. They were excellent

Teejay68

FNG
I love my crocodile gaiters from Outdoor Research. I also have the Flex-Tex II, but when its really wet, the crocodiles cant be beat.

Tom

jmez

WKR
I have Kuiu and no complaints. They have held up well, are quiet enough for archery hunting and keep me dry.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Hans

FNG
I bought a pair of the Outdoor Vision gaiters this year, and they are nice. The material is fairly quiet while walking. They seem to be durable. My only complaint is that it's tough to put them on with the zipper on the outside of the leg, but they can be worn with the zipper towards the inside of the legs.

Gulfgoose

FNG
Used the First lite gaiters in some deep wet snow in idaho this year and was very impressed.