Which game bags?

MtnManZ

Lil-Rokslider
T.A.G. Bags by Pristine Ventures. Larry stands by his product. I use the B.O.M.B. Bag kit for a full elk.

fishslap

WKR
TAG bags for several years and several elk and mule deer. I carry 5. I bought the TAG BOMB bags to try this year also. I've repaired some of my TAG bags with good results. Damage was from my own carelessness or pine martens. Very good bags. I wash and bleach them after each use with no issues.

Felix40

WKR
I make my own. Heres a link if you want to check them out. I went so long without good game bags because I didnt want to spend $50-$60 on them knowing they dont cost anywhere near that to make. My goal is for nobody to ever do that because game meat is too valuable. Not making any money here.

Ultralight Deboned Game Bags Backcountry by BackcountryBorne

Of course you can always make some yourself or buy kuiu, black ovis, or tag bags. You dont hear many complaints about any of those.

Last edited:

Felix40

WKR
Felix, looks like a great product. I really like the idea of the different colored bag for evidence of sex. Great idea.

Thank you sir. The set I use has packed out well over a dozen animals. Before ever taking them hunting I tested by hanging them with 90# of lead weights. Ive liked them so much I figured it might be nice for guys to have another viable option.

Tag BOMB. 6 bags so I can get neck and rib meat out as well as straps, loins and qtrs. So light. Perfect for back packing out.
Felix has some nice looking bags as well there- how do they compare in weight and packable size to Tag bags?

Felix40

WKR
8oz for 5 bags that will hold 225# of meat. Im not sure how that compares. I still havent ever seen bomb bags in person. I wouldnt be surprised if they are nicer but I like some of the things Ive added.

OP
S

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the great feedback thus far! I've used Alaskan Game Bags forever and they have met my basic needs. They aren't really re-usable. I'd be curious how they compare in terms of weight and compressibility. Any thoughts?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice deal there!!
I make my own. Heres a link if you want to check them out. I went so long without good game bags because I didnt want to spend $50-$60 on them knowing they dont cost anywhere near that to make. My goal is for nobody to ever do that because game meat is too valuable. Not making any money here.

Ultralight Deboned Game Bags Backcountry by BackcountryBorne

Code: rokslide, should get you 40% off.

Of course you can always make some yourself or buy kuiu, black ovis, or tag bags. You dont hear many complaints about any of those.

ljalberta

WKR
Picked up some TAG bags in the offseason splurging. No field experience, but it's nice to support the site sponsors when you have a chance.

I've used TAG Bags many times and had excellent results. If I'm buying any stock bags, it's a certainty they will be TAGs. My last full set got completely shredded by a grizzly, costing us all the meat and the 8 lost bags. Ouch. Larry needs to invent grizz-proof bags of Kevlar or maybe electrified models, lol.

Right now I'm using custom-built bags in order to have the specific size I wanted. I was able to save a number of ounces going custom but that's not on everyone's radar.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used TAG Bags many times and had excellent results. If I'm buying any stock bags, it's a certainty they will be TAGs. My last full set got completely shredded by a grizzly, costing us all the meat and the 8 lost bags. Ouch. Larry needs to invent grizz-proof bags of Kevlar or maybe electrified models, lol.

Right now I'm using custom-built bags in order to have the specific size I wanted. I was able to save a number of ounces going custom but that's not on everyone's radar.
Access Denied

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Which bags stretch and which don't? I think it was Alaska Game bags I bought for deer season last year. I think they would be great for hauling bone-in quarters, but seemed like they were made of a easily stretched mesh that would not hold its shape if it were full of de-boned meat.

I've heard of guys using more like a solid cotton material in a tube shape or something like a pillow case.
Makes it so a pile of loose de-boned meat packs into a more manageable cylinder or pillow shape that you can strap to a pack.

Or does a pile of looses de-boned meat hold its shape better than I am imagining?

Dave0317

Lil-Rokslider
Deer I will quarter. I have never boned out an Elk, but I'm thinking I would like to for the weight savings.

FlyGuy

WKR
I bought some of the Kifaru bags this spring, have only used one bag on a mouflon so I'm not really qualified yet with an opinion, but I can say that they are definitely re-useable! They are also super light. Like, nothing-light. And I like that they serve a dual purpose for me. I use one bag to store my entire kill-kit in. Another one for gloves/face mask/xtra socks/etc, etc.

I saw kuiu had some good looking new game bags. I like the idea of the zipper and handles, but was concerned about durability. Anybody tried them yet?