Which have field flatteners?

RayG

FNG
Unfortunately, there are not a lot of places i can scope out optics (pardon the pun) where i am in MT. Did get to try some Leica UV and Swarovski’s and found out that i am extremely sensitive to field flatteners, which leave my stomach churning after the least bit of tilting or panning. Swarovski EL and NL bins are out. Leica UV’a are ok. The only Swaro SLC i could find was the 15x56 and that did not bother me. I am looking for an 8x42 or 7x42 alpha bin but i dont think these are made in SLC any longer.

Do zeiss SF’s have field flatteners?
Leica Noctivid?

The SF - most certainly does have field flatteners. They work exceptionally well - but unlike SW, Zeiss intentionally leaves just the smallest bit of curvature at the very edge to avoid/minimize “rolling ball effect.” So, if you really strain there is just the slightest bit of curvature aberration visible, but I’ve never noticed it in normal viewing.

AGPank

WKR
Same with Noctivid as SF. I have an SF 8x32 and NV 8x42 and they have a very similar and excellent view.

I hear rave reviews about the UV HD+ line, but I haven’t seen them. UV are the most compact 42mm.

I also really like the 8x42 SLC HD (pre current model). There was a great price on a pair in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk