Which iphone to scope adapter?

I have a project I'm working on that will require me to (finally) learn how to connect an iPhone to my spotter.

Which adapter do you all recommend?

This is an older iPhone 5s (but could be upgraded if necessary) to my Nikon ED50 with a Pentax eyepiece that measures 1.65" or 42mm in diameter.

Chas Z

FNG
I have a project I'm working on that will require me to (finally) learn how to connect an iPhone to my spotter.

Which adapter do you all recommend?

This is an older iPhone 5s (but could be upgraded if necessary) to my Nikon ED50 with a Pentax eyepiece that measures 1.65" or 42mm in diameter.
I use the Gosky from Amazon

ChrisAU

WKR
That sure looks well made. Does the adapter that sticks to the phone stay there? I guess it would. So then you must have a phone case just for that use?

Yep I use their generic phone case, the adapters thread in and out of the case. When wanting to use it in a hunting situation, I have my phone in the case and the adapter stowed. Easy to quickly spin it on and pop it onto the spotter when you want to use it.

twall13

WKR
Count me as another fan of the Tines Up setup. I bought a cheap $5 tpu case off of amazon and stuck the attachment to that for when I'm hunting. Phone still goes in my pocket just fine and sets up on the spotting scope or binos really quickly.

I've wondered how it will work with some of the newer phones that have 3 or 4 camera lenses on the back but I don't own one of those phones so I'll figure out how to deal with that if I ever end up with a phone like that.

Ive used the tines up for a few years and its awesome! What I like about it is adjustable and you can use on a set of binos to any size of spotter.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Count me as another fan of the Tines Up setup. I bought a cheap $5 tpu case off of amazon and stuck the attachment to that for when I'm hunting. Phone still goes in my pocket just fine and sets up on the spotting scope or binos really quickly.

I've wondered how it will work with some of the newer phones that have 3 or 4 camera lenses on the back but I don't own one of those phones so I'll figure out how to deal with that if I ever end up with a phone like that.

Can you post a pic of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Can you post a pic of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure if these help or not but here are some pics of my setup. I'm using my phone to take the photos so it's not in the case but you get the idea.
5433e8b0d9040ccaf854a2b098003242.jpg
5540d996fdee6afe9d5af28b144f802d.jpg
36fe45520764b575f214afead89b5f2b.jpg
90e7c9944b2b0df3414ee9f977a10016.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Another for the TU PhoneCam adapter. I prefer the custom sized adapters for weight and bulk, but either way it works really well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk