Which Kifaru for easy load sling, on DT frame.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Nope, there aren't. At least not that I can see. I'm open to rigging something, just not sure how to do it best.

Is that top compression strap on the T1 attached to the bag or just loose? If it's attached, it looks like you could use it to connect to buckles at the top of the frame.

If you load your pack laying flat and really tighten up the compression straps it doesn't need attachment points at the top of the bag. I just had way over 100 lbs in a rambler and only used the side compression straps and the load wasn't flopping around or anything. I also used my lid with a slightly smaller load to tighten up the top of the bag to the frame and didn't notice anything flopping around then either. Both ways work fine.

Use the straps coming from the pack right under the Hypaplon sleeve and run them to the top of the frame. Hook your lid back to it. It's super simple. If it doesn't make sense I can take some pics and post them later.

Regards, Branden

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
If you load your pack laying flat and really tighten up the compression straps it doesn't need attachment points at the top of the bag. I just had way over 100 lbs in a rambler and only used the side compression straps and the load wasn't flopping around or anything. I also used my lid with a slightly smaller load to tighten up the top of the bag to the frame and didn't notice anything flopping around then either. Both ways work fine.

Use the straps coming from the pack right under the Hypaplon sleeve and run them to the top of the frame. Hook your lid back to it. It's super simple. If it doesn't make sense I can take some pics and post them later.

Regards, Branden

yeah, I'd really like to see that. I don't think I have bag straps under the hypalon sleeve of my DT1. My top compression strap is like 2/3 up the bag. That leaves the top 1/3 floppy without any way to attach it to the frame.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
DT1cbnewthumb.jpg
Is that top compression strap on the T1 attached to the bag or just loose? If it's attached, it looks like you could use it to connect to buckles at the top of the frame.

The one that compresses the top of the side pockets? That is the highest strap. There are only 2 compressions straps on a DT1. It's attached to the bag. Doesn't secure to frame. I could probably rig something, but that still leaves the top 1/3 of the bag unsecure.

N2TRKYS

WKR
View attachment 40895

The one that compresses the top of the side pockets? That is the highest strap. There are only 2 compressions straps on a DT1. It's attached to the bag. Doesn't secure to frame. I could probably rig something, but that still leaves the top 1/3 of the bag unsecure.

My frame has a place at the top of my frame so you can attach a buckle with a 3 bar slider. You could attach that top strap over the top of your bag, then to the top of the frame. Them take an additional strap and place it around the bag for more compression.

Kifaru sells so many different varieties of compression straps that your ability to secure any load to the frame in any manner you want to is only limited by your own creativity.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Kifaru sells so many different varieties of compression straps that your ability to secure any load to the frame in any manner you want to is only limited by your own creativity.

No disagreement there, was just hoping someone would have already shortened the learning curve for me.

yeah, I'd really like to see that. I don't think I have bag straps under the hypalon sleeve of my DT1. My top compression strap is like 2/3 up the bag. That leaves the top 1/3 floppy without any way to attach it to the frame.

This is the strap for your top lid.
30005558275_c087392275_z.jpg

Top of your frame
30005556655_2534dc7b75_z.jpg

Run the top lid strap through the tab on top of the frame before hooking it to your lid. It pulls the top of the bag in to the frame like you want.
30005789345_85df4201c7_m.jpg

Hope this helps some.
Regards, Branden

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
This is the strap for your top lid.
30005558275_c087392275_z.jpg

Top of your frame
30005556655_2534dc7b75_z.jpg

Run the top lid strap through the tab on top of the frame before hooking it to your lid. It pulls the top of the bag in to the frame like you want.
30005789345_85df4201c7_m.jpg

Hope this helps some.
Regards, Branden
Shit that is so simple I feel stupid! Thanks. You are a gentleman and a scholar!