Which kifaru gun bearer for mystery ranch guide Light?

Which gun bearer from kifaru can I get for my mystery ranch guide light mt frame?

The universal has velcro. Can I get the one for the webbing as my frame has it???

Anyone have a picture of it on a mystery ranch

Good question. I can tell you if the kirafru pack specific model does not work i have had zero issues with the universal on my sawtooth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
I’d get the universal. That’s what I used on my Mystery Ranch and it worked well.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
I used the universal with my selway on a guide light mt frame and it worked great. The webbing one might work but I don't see a reason to risk it since the universal works well.

406unltd

WKR
If you don’t have molle on your belt id just stick with the universal one

wyosam

WKR
I’m not familiar with the Kifaru packs, but I run the universal on mine. I upgraded to the new frame this year, so I have the mole on the belt, but I think I’d have to hang the holder further forward to mount that way. Works great as is, not changing any time soon. The Velcro is a non issue. Mine comes on and off a lot since I use my pack for everything. Its been covered in mud, blood, ran through the washing machine. No issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dwent

FNG
As others have already stated, the universal is the way to go. I haven’t tried the MOLLE version. I find myself taking it on and off pretty frequently and although MOLLE might be a little more secure of a mount, I doubt you’d ever have the velcro fail you unless you are carrying a howitzer, and MOLLE is more of a pain to attach if you weave it correctly, though most people don’t. FWIW my rifle is 12 pounds and the Velcro is solid.

Eluder

FNG
The universal comes in two sizes. I found and old thread and guys were maybe using the short on the old Guide Lite frames. The MT has a beefier hip belt so I am thinking I will need the large but am wondering if anyone can chime in that has fitted one to the MT, the length difference seems pretty big.

Eluder

FNG
Buddy has a beartooth with the regular molle mount on his. The large strap mount would also work
Thanks! I wish you could buy it piece by piece, it seems easy to fit the hit belt molle portion. I am not sure how to make the molle mount work on the shoulder strap though.

You feed it through your existing chest strap mount. It’s a really simple piece. No issues with the MR
Did that no issues with my old Kuiu with both the old and new pro suspensions

TxAg

Lil-Rokslider
You can piecemeal it if you buy the different required replacement parts. On my Guidelight MT frame I went with the universal upper strap and the Kifaru (MOLLE) cradle mount.

Eluder

FNG
You can piecemeal it if you buy the different required replacement parts. On my Guidelight MT frame I went with the universal upper strap and the Kifaru (MOLLE) cradle mount.

Awesome, I hadn't seen that.

Bdm6686

FNG
I have the 2020 Metcalf with the MT frame, have been wondering this exact question. Looks like they’re backordered for a long while but I’ll try to remember to report back on how the universal long strap works once I get it.

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Our Gunbearer mount goes onto standard 1" Pals webbing with 1.5" gap between the bartacks. If you have that on the belt then you can probably use the standard set up. The upper mount is where people run into problems. If you have a sternum strap buckle riding on 1" webbing you will probably be able to use the upper just fine (might take some work lacing the upper through that buckle and not all sternum sliders are built to support a rifle). Our shoulder straps have 3 bar sliders under the sternum strap buckle to help lock out the downward pull of the rifle. 300winmag, the thinner webbing on the Guide light frame's waist belt will probably have too much play for the standard buckles. The width of the 1" webbing is what locks the 3bars into place. I would go with a universal setup for your pack.