Which Kifaru pack

Drdantdc

FNG
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Timberline 2 and the DT2 with the bikini frame. I have many packs for all situations, but I need a new Backcountry pack. I think I would be perfectly happy with the T2, but I don't want to miss out on some advantage with the bikini frame. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Dan

I'm having a tough time deciding between the Timberline 2 and the DT2 with the bikini frame. I have many packs for all situations, but I need a new Backcountry pack. I think I would be perfectly happy with the T2, but I don't want to miss out on some advantage with the bikini frame. What do you guys think? Thanks.

Dan

They both will work great. Bikini frame if you carry huge loads and want no chance of barreling. T2 will only barrel when fullllly stuffed. And even then you can put your knee in it and it should do you fine. Pick whatever and be happy

Dan

If you are having doubts, I would go with the bikini. I had a similar decision to make between the duplex or bikini frame. After talking with Aron I went with the duplex as it was better for hauling treestands and blinds. Give Aron a call and talk to him about it he will guide you in the right direction.

One more thing to consider, with the versitility of the bikini you may even be able to reduce the number of packs you have.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO Bikini gives you options.. You can get larger or smaller pack bags or do many of the creative things folks have been doing for years with the Duplex frames.. I think the idea of modular pack system is just about as perfect as it gets...

I had a T2. Though very nice it barreled when loaded. I now have a dt2 with bikini. It is so light, comfortable, and carries like a dream. I can't even see buying one of the standard timberline bags?

I'm not sure what you consider a huge load. Fully loaded we are well over 100lbs coming out.

I consider a huge load 150 +

Ask yourself if you want an internal frame pack or external frame pack and then decide. They can both carry 150. The bikini will give you more options of bags and what not

For me it would be decided by fit foremost, will the standard or flat back stays work for you? If they do I would be all over the modularity of the Bikini.
Having said that I have no complaints with my T1, load it correctly and barreling is a non issue.

OP
Drdantdc

Drdantdc

FNG
Well I just ordered my pack....Duplex Timberline 2 with the bikini frame, in multicam. Long hunter top lid. I can't wait!

Dan

Last edited:
OP
Drdantdc

Drdantdc

FNG
I need some help on which gun bearer to order. I just want it for carrying my rifle in and out of the high country. What do you guys recommend?

Dan

i thought about getting the Bikini w/DT2 bag but after talking to a few guys i chose the BT1. the extra space, compactability and minimal weight difference made my choice a no brainer.