Which model Kuiu rain gear?

Looking to buy some Kuiu rain gear what model and why? Looking for something for a back pack hunt but would also like to use it on stand hunts.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
The Kutana Storm Shell would be the best fit for stand hunting. It has a direct vent membrane unlike the other 3 models where you have to would need to remain active to force moisture through the membrane. I have the Chugach and will wear it stand hunting, and know others that use it stand hunting as well. No it's not the quietest thing ever, but draw back slowly and you'll be fine. Especially if there is other noise around from either wind or rain. As far as the breathability for any of the Kuiu rain jackets goes while sitting - they will be better than the $100 'waterproof' camo jacket we've all worn for years. The chugach and Northridge will be a lot more delicate than the other two, so keep that in mind if you're planning on wearing it hiking into your stand.

LJ Buck

WKR
Look at Sitka WT line for stand hunting. If you want backpacking rain gear then it depends what you need based on what state you are hunting

pirogue

WKR
I use Kuiu on a stand. Rain dripping off trees makes noise that drowns out any potential clothing “sound” that is 20-40 yards away.

Agree with most above.. I have a set of Kuiu rain gear and you wouldn't want to stand hunt in it.. Stay dry though.

Most days you can fo
Some light talking in a tree stand and get away with it. It’s movement that catches deer more than noises, unless they are obviously unnatural noises. On a calm quiet day, yes we all hunt those, noise is a factor, but even a light breeze in the fall brings quite a bit of ambient noise. Don’t worry about noise too much. Worry about function of the gear and movement.

cocky84

WKR
Chugach
Far from an expert on rain gear, but seems like quite and waterproof do dont go well together. Seems like you get one or the other, not both.