Which Multi-Tool you guys carrying?

DB_Idaho

FNG
Gearing up (or is it down?) to go lighter weight for backpack hunting and I'm wondering what multi-tools you are carrying. I'm switching over to a Havalon knife so I feel like having a back-up blade and other handy tools is a must...but a lot of these multi-tools are pretty heavy. My current Leatherman weighs 10.6 oz and was hoping to get something still reasonably functional but cut a few ounces.

topher89

WKR
I have a Wave but it doesn't go on big trips with me because of the weight. I have a Squirt and it pretty much does everything I need it to do. I am thinking about getting a the Juice but I don't really know if the step up in size is worth it

OP
D

DB_Idaho

FNG
Leatherman skeletool cx

I like the cx model because it has a 154CM blade and I'm a blade steel snob...

The Skeletool was on my list given it's pretty light and has a reasonable sized blade. Have you been pretty happy with it...and do you find yourself missing any of the other features like scissors, tweezer, etc?

Bmcox86

WKR
I'm giving the Gerber Dime a shot, 2.2oz and $15 it's worth a shot. I wish one of the big 3 (leatherman, sog and Gerber) would just add a havalon attachment.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Leatherman TTi. with screwdrivers tips and the extension. I only take the accessories for EDC they dont go hunting with me.

I carry the Leatherman Wave, the weight is worth it to me, plus I hardly notice it for most of what I do. As an aside, Havalon now makes a holder that has one of each size blade (piranha and barracuta?), looks like a good idea! I also wish Leatherman would put a Havalon blade holder on the Wave.

- CrowHunter

OP
D

DB_Idaho

FNG
Thanks for all the replies fellas. There seems to be too many good choices!

I think I'm going to give the Skeletool a shot with the extra set of bits. It's reasonably light and has a full sized blade...and taking a few extra bits will allow me to jettison my Leupold tool and save a little bit more weight.