Which muzzle brake are you using on your 300 WSM?

MHWASH

WKR
Looking to put a MB on my Tikka T3 lite 300 WSM. I once hade a 4 port Lil Beast ina Tikka 300 WM that worked great. Just wondering if there is something else better out there.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
I have that on my savage ultralight and it is the only gun my skrawny ass can keep on target and follow my shot. I’ve been very happy with it.

Tullis94

WKR
Ross muzzle breaks. I have a MBM and a Ross both. The ross has slightly less angle towards the shooter and does an amazing job reducing recoil. The VERY low price is just a bonus. I am very happy with both though and would use either one again.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I’m running one from Bob Hart….fantastic! I know 3 others running them on their 300wsm’s, all very happy with them. Hart makes some fantastic brakes…..custom rifles too!

davsco

WKR
i have area419 hellfire on mine (tikka 300wsm), excellent brake. also put it on my 6.5prc.

rootacres

WKR
I used an APA little bastard on my 300 WSM. Between that and limbsaver pad it was a pleasure to shoot with my fairly spicy reloads. I have an Area 419 on my 7 SAUM now. Its hard to compare the two on which is better.

I owned 2 different radial brakes in that time frame as well. I didn't really like either of them. They are a little messy to shoot prone with and the recoil reduction wasn't nearly as good.

SDHNTR

WKR
Hawkins 3 port. Gill style. Turned down to match contour. I couldn’t bring myself to put one of those big ugly ones on there.

madcalfe

WKR
im running a PVA ultralight jetblast. my 300wsm weighs only 5lbs 4oz and it recoils like a .243.
the brake is only 1.4oz and is self timing highly recommend it.

tdhanses

WKR
I have the Terminator T2 on my 300wsm, feels like a 243win, could easily shoot it all day. Had a Hawkins 3port on my 270wsm, not even close, the T2 is much better but the Hawkins wasn’t bad.

What kind of 300 do you guys have this Ross brake on? I’m looking for something for a 300 wm tikka superlite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 4 port on a factory rem sporter .270 and a 3 port on a #6 contour custom 300wsm. Both are extremely effective.

OP
MHWASH

MHWASH

WKR
For the price I’m leaning towards the Ross. I don’t mind shooting the 300 naked, but it’s hard to get back on/stay on target.

Tullis94

WKR
What kind of 300 do you guys have this Ross brake on? I’m looking for something for a 300 wm tikka superlite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a 4 port on a 7mm practical. It shoots a 190 grain bullet at 3050 so it has a fair amount of recoil. The brake makes it very easy to spot shots when shooting prone or off a bench. There might be slightly more effective brakes but nothing in the same price range.

ahard.270

FNG
I have that on my savage ultralight and it is the only gun my skrawny ass can keep on target and follow my shot. I’ve been very happy with it.
I just purchased the ultralight in 300 wsm. What caliber is yours? Have you tried any of the PVA breaks?