Which new bow?

moxiejh

FNG
I have always been a mathews guy for 8 years and am in the market for a new bow. I currently shoot a helim but have not been too impressed. I have a short draw lenghth so any help would be great. If money was a non issue what would be your suggestion on set up? Sight rest and so on

I have a short draw length and I am shooting a Hoyt vector turbo. It's a great shooting bow. Very accurate and forgiving. Short brace height is a non issue on this bow

82 lb bow. 27 inch draw. Hamskea versa rest, hogg it sight, Not sure on the speed. Shooting a 460 grain arrow. Pretty dang fast thou

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
Don't over look Darton bows. I have a DS-3800 and it is a fast forgiving and great shooting bow even with a 6
inch brace

NEhunter

WKR
I got rid of my Helim for a Hoyt Vector 32 and couldnt be happier. If I was looking at the new bows, I would be checking out the Hoyt Spyder 34.

swat8888

WKR
What are your opinions on the longer ATA bows vs. the shorter 32 ATA bows? I've got a longish draw, 29.5in, and currently shoot a 32 ATA. I haven't shot any of the 34 or 35's so I'm curious of the benefits. Obviously they are a little taller, but that doesn't really bother me. I like the looks of the Spyder 34 or maybe the turbo, just not sure about the shorter brace height making the bow a little less forgiving. I'll take greater accuracy over 10 extra FPS anyday. I'll eventually get out and shoot one just curious if you had any experience/opinions.

I like long ata bows. I feel that they are more forgiving and shoot better at longer ranges. I wont shoot a bow below 34 " ata

theedz

WKR
I like longer ATA bows. Only have ever felt comfortable and confident in one short ATA bow and that is the New Breed Nemesis. I would prefer to stay between that 33-35" mark. I bought my first New Breed bow when they first came out 3 years ago, and have owned many since then including most of the new Mathews and Hoyts. I still shoot my first New Breed and have one as a backup as well. Every bow fits everyone different, get one that you have confidence in and can shoot well. New Breed is worth a look, customer service is the best out there, none better. Some might be as good, but can't find better.

Maxhunter

WKR
I have a 26.5 draw and I currently shoot a 2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo. I just shot the new 2013 Hoyt Spyder 30, Spyder 34, Spyder Turbo, and the G3 Element yesterday. They all shot great and were extremely quiet and draws were very smooth IMO. I agreed the longer ata are more forgiving for longer shoots which are pretty common out west. There are some great bows on the market as always go to your local shops and try the different brands and the bow will pretty well pick you because it will feel right. Good luck!