Which one to trade for??

I have an almost new Savage Axis .270 with a Vortex Diamondback 4-12 x 40. The recoil is a bit too sharp for me so I am looking to trade it for something with less recoil for my sissy shoulder. I just want a lightweight deer rifle. I have two offers so far. A straight gun trade, no scopes, for a mossberg 4x4 in 7mm-08, and my gun/scope for a bnib winchester xrp with a vortex crossfire2 in .243.
I haven't shot either of these calibers. Do they sound like a fair trade? Would either do for a lighter deer rifle with less recoil than the .270?
The axis have very light weight stocks. You could put a heavier stock on it. That would tame it up a bunch.

I'd consider trading for a 25-06. If looking to stick with budget rifle, consider a ruger American in .243, 6.5cm, or 7mm-08.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chefcreed

FNG
I was in same boat a few years ago. Was shooting a long term loaner Browning A Bolt SS .270 that felt like it was knocking my teeth out. Didn’t care when shooting a deer but hated at the range. I did buy some Hornady Lite and it helped. Tried a friends Tikka 7-08 and honestly it wasn’t much better. Went with a Howa 6.5 Creedmoor Heavy Barrel and it’s a pleasure to shoot and allowed me to really get my fundamentals down. Now I Can’t get my BIL to take his .270 back 10 years later but I enjoy it for climbing stand hunts. Try some different makes, fit makes a huge difference. Could also try a clamp on brake.