Which one would you Choose

PSE_Aaron

FNG
Looking forward to next hunting season and building out arrows. I read all sorts of things and can never decide which to go with.
Right now I have my arrows weighing in total at 470g, but have a 20grain fact weight that I could play around with. I also have 125g broadheads I could change to 100g to cut weight. Will be shooting 70lb draw at 28in draw length on a PSE Evolve 28. I am very comfortable out to 45yards and would keep that as my max range as of now. So the question is...

Would you use the 470g arrow I have now?
Drop down to 445g or 450g by dropping the weight or changing broadheads?
Is the 10fps-ish worth the trade for a little lighter arrow?

Only out to 45yds solely for hunting...just stick with the 470gr areows, you'll see a greater gain from spending time shooting vs tinkering with your arrows. Now move out to 100yds and you want to compete in some unknown distance 3d events...maybe it starts to matter a little more.

Marble

WKR
The 20 grains won't make a shit of difference.

I would shoot both and let accuracy decide.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

406unltd

WKR
I’d shoot whatever keeps me in the 270-285 speed range. If they are both in that range or close to it, shoot heavy.

Under 45 yards the differences in weight you will be talking about are minimal. I would keep the heavier arrow for increased momentum and penetration and it will help quiet the bow down. If you would shoot long distances then I would say that a lighter arrow might be better, but under 45 yards the arrow you have right now will work great.