Which outfitter for the biggest Mule Deer in Wyoming

Running out of years to hunt the mountains. Want to hunt with an outfitter that will get me a real big Mule Deer. Obviously I know there are no garuntees but I want to put myself in the position to have an above average chance of bagging a monster.

Who would you hunt with in Wyoming if getting a huge Mule Deer was the objective?

Edit: Forgot to add that I am a NR with 8 points this year but have a full schedule so it would be 2022 or beyond whenever the outfitter could get me in.

Last edited:
Non-Typical Outfitters

Just take a look at their website and the bucks they've guided in the last 10 years. Unbelievable

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
TERMINATOR
Non-Typical Outfitters

Just take a look at their website and the bucks they've guided in the last 10 years. Unbelievable

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Thanks! They seem like the kind of outfit I am looking for, They are definately on the shortlist to talk to!

OP
TERMINATOR
How many points do you have in WY or are you a WY resident?
Yea....I should have included that....

NR with 8 points right now. Can't hunt Mule Deer this year as I already have a full schedule including Elk in Wyoming.

So 2022 = 9 points
2023 = 10 points
2024 = 11 points

So Region G & H are both in play along with most of the Limited Entry Units

Last edited:
Non Typical is booked until at least 2024 right now. Also not sure what the policy is now but he was requiring hunters to book an elk hunt to even get a spot on a mulie hunt. There are a couple other really good outfits in the area.

OP
TERMINATOR
I had an amazing hunt in 2020 with Tre Heiner at Double Diamond Outfitters - Region G tag. PM if you want more details.
They were not on my radar yet. Non-Typical was, Trophy Mountain was, Wagonhound was...but not them.

I will PM you in a few days when I am off "Rookie Probation" and can PM :)

OP
TERMINATOR
I couldn’t think of that name the other day. I’d book with him before Non Typical. Rob Wiley is not the funnest or nicest guy to spend a week with. Way more hunters too.
It's funny that you say that but when I contacted Non Typical Outfitters a few weeks ago their responses were a little arrogant...like I had to prove I was worthy of hunting with them. But I know they get some monsters

mntnguide

WKR
It's funny that you say that but when I contacted Non Typical Outfitters a few weeks ago their responses were a little arrogant...like I had to prove I was worthy of hunting with them. But I know they get some monsters
Robb has not been the top outfitter in years past like he use to. Ever since they made it illegal for him to spend all august in an airplane, his giant status has gone down. No doubt they take great bucks still, but Id say they arent any better than some other outfits, and I agree with above, not many people care much for Robb and his arrogance. I know people who have guided for him, and not many had great things to say. Trophy mountain is a great outfit, but with your points you might as well draw G. Tre Heiner is a good outfitter to consider who is well respected.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Robb has not been the top outfitter in years past like he use to. Ever since they made it illegal for him to spend all august in an airplane, his giant status has gone down. No doubt they take great bucks still, but Id say they arent any better than some other outfits, and I agree with above, not many people care much for Robb and his arrogance. I know people who have guided for him, and not many had great things to say. Trophy mountain is a great outfit, but with your points you might as well draw G. Tre Heiner is a good outfitter to consider who is well respected.
I was just going to ask how the superstars were doing since the airborne “scouting” was outlawed...

OP
TERMINATOR
They must still be doing a lot of things right...
2019 - #2 Typical and #1 and #2 Non-Typical Rifle Mule Deer at the WYOGA Big Game Awards
Only 200"+ Mule Deer taken

2018 #1 and #2 Typical and #2 Non-Typical

2020 is not out yet but the two prior years NTO has dominated the top of the board

This is where I started looking for ideas but wanted to see what others thought before I dropped some significant $$$. I am not solely basing my decision on this list from WYOGA Awards but it sure gives some good ideas of who to look at.

I am going to check out Mr. Heiner though now.

Last edited:

marktole

WKR
I would look at SNS Outfitters in Wyoming. I went to college with and am still friends with a guy who guides for them. He guides a couple 180”+ mule deer every year and he’d be a great guy to spend a week with. Might be worth checking in to seeing what their hunt availability is.

OP
TERMINATOR
I would look at SNS Outfitters in Wyoming. I went to college with and am still friends with a guy who guides for them. He guides a couple 180”+ mule deer every year and he’d be a great guy to spend a week with. Might be worth checking in to seeing what their hunt availability is.
What is your friends name? If I go with them I will ask to hunt with him