Which Quilt?

Drenalin

WKR
No experience with the ZPacks quilt, but I really like my EE Enigma Apex. Only knock against it so far is that it's really big in its stuff sack. Down versions should be a lot better in that respect.

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Hey pal.... Well that all depends on you. Wife tells me im a bit of a viking ha ha. I use it here in Northern AB, I run an XTHERM therma rest and a RAB alpine bivy under a tarp. Ive stayed in that setup comfortably down to -15 Celsius. I dont know what the actual rating is on that Doobie but man its kick but inside the bivy. Theres also times where ive tosses in my little bag liner but thats when im feeling a little more high maintenance ha ha .. Sleeping bags drive me nuts.. They are great and i do have a few mountain hardware rated to -32 C that are stellar .. but when youre a hot sleeper, being cacooned and over heating drives me bonkers lol.

nastynick

FNG
I really like my Hammockgear Econ Burrow 20*.
it works well, packs small and you can even get one on clearance. It is pretty warm and would be a good summer quilt. Not as light as a few of the others mentioned but also a little bit less expensive.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
I love my hammock gear Econ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never looked into HammockGearnin the last. Was about to pull the trigger on an EE Enigma...but these look interesting. You love you Econ but is it worth the extra cost to go woth the premium? Are you only saving weight as benefits?

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Never looked into HammockGearnin the last. Was about to pull the trigger on an EE Enigma...but these look interesting. You love you Econ but is it worth the extra cost to go woth the premium? Are you only saving weight as benefits?

Not 100% sure but I believe that’s the only benefit of going with the premium.
I didn’t go with the premium so you might have to shoot them an email to verify. They may also use a better down material on the premium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I believe the premium uses better down and a more expensive/lighter material. Design would be the same between the models, but you'll save weight due to the different materials with the Econ series. I've heard some say the fabric used with the Econ series isn't as breathable but I haven't had an issue with my 30* Econ quilt. It's not my favorite quilt, but for the price it's pretty tough to beat. My Loco Libre quilt is my favorite, the "Hot Box" footbox on that one works very well for my large feet.

ianpadron

WKR
I've got a 0 degree EE, old rating. Does pretty dang well until temps drop into the teens. Toss on some extra clothes and you're good.

If I was to buy another quilt setup today, I'd get 2. Grab an EE 30 degree for scouting and a Katabatic Grenadier 5° with overstuff for hunting and be set forever.