which Rain jacket

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Yukon jacket and it kept me dry, but I much prefer First Lites SEAK jacket. Quieter, less crinkley, and pretty light.

Ditto on the First Lite SEAK jacket. Has done well-light, and kept me dry-on two Yukon and one BC hunt...had one continuous 48 hour period of rain/hail/sleet/snow in the Ogilvies come on us when we were trying to get on a Yukon Stone, 40-plus mph wind and couldn't get back to spike camp, had to stay overnight in a cave behind what was a small, then torrential waterfall...very stressful but I stayed dry and waited it out. Found the ram 4 days later and closed the deal. No complaints about most anything First Lite puts their name on.
DWD

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve been using a Cloudburst for 5-6 years steady. It’s just now starting to let water in. Our late season goat hunt last year was rough on it.

This year I’m using milspec Patagonia.

ive used kuius yukon and chugach. chugach is the way to go. a lot lighter and more packable but still tough. i have yet to use the nx but ive heard its quite thin and more of an emergency piece that lives in the pack

cdohtodd

FNG
I’ve used my kuiu Chugach on several sheep hunts including the Chugach. It has held up well and was packable. Would not take my nx on a northern sheep hunt. NX was ok for Mexico and the occasional rain storm